Qatar Airways has launched its first Qmiles sale of the year that is valid for purchases made until March 20, 2021.
Privilege Club members can buy up to 250,000 Qmiles before a 50% bonus. This is also the yearly purchase cap.
You can access this offer on Qatar’s website here.
Note that the miles are sold in USD, and Privilege Club members can buy up to 250,000 Qmiles every calendar year, not counting any possible bonuses.
The sale ends at midnight on March 20th, 2021, Qatar time (GMT + 3).
Here’s the bonus table:
Here’s the price:
The cost of a Qmile under this offer is 2 US cents each.
Qatar recently slashed the number of Qmiles required for its own awards by up to 49%:
Qatar’s partner award chart:
And award rules:
- The partner award chart applies for travel on all flights marketed and operated by our Privilege Club Partner Airlines.
- The total Qmiles required to redeem for a partner award ticket will depend on the total distance (miles) flown in the trip.
- To request a partner award, please log in to your account and complete the partner award request form.
- Award requests for infants are not valid on Partner Airlines.
- Redemption in Premium Economy Cabin is currently available on only some of our Partner Airlines.
- Partner award ticket can only be booked on a single airline. Combination of flights between airlines (Qatar Airways, oneworld or other partner airlines) in an itinerary is not permitted.
- A maximum of four sectors on a single airline can be booked on a partner award ticket.
- Open jaw trips are permitted
- Stopover is not permitted on a partner award ticket
- Members must provide all necessary documents when submitting change request.
- Please ensure you submit your request minimum 96 hours (4 days) prior to your intended date of travel.
Qatar Airways this year has made several positive changes to its Privilege Club frequent flier program (after decimating it earlier) that we have covered, such as again allowing award bookings online and no expiry of miles as long as you have any activity at least once every 36 months.
The biggest recent one was the realignment of the QMiles needed for awards on Qatar’s own flights that were in some instances almost cut in half.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
The Promotion provides an eligible member with the opportunity to earn a percentage of the Qmiles purchased, gifted as an additional complimentary bonus Qmiles (the “Bonus Qmiles”) during the promotion period from 00.01 GMT +3 on 14th March 2021 to 23.59 GMT+3 on 20th March 2021. The bonus Qmiles an eligible member can earn will be based upon the number of Qmiles purchased (the “Offer”) when a minimum of 5,000 Qmiles purchased or gifted. This offer is available only for transactions made to the Buy Qmiles, Gift Qmiles store on qmiles.com via the Points Platform only and cannot be applied in combination with another offer that may be available on the Buy or Gift product. Qmiles bought, gifted through this Offer will count towards the maximum limit of 250,000 Qmiles allowed in a calendar year.