Bangkok Airways is launching a promotion for “Half Price” domestic flights with a travel period of 3 April 2021 – 30 September 2021 (flights have to be booked between 3 April – 9 April 2021).
The campaign requires pre-registration which is open for just two days from today (Wednesday 24 March) after which the main booking period starts next month.
Bangkok Airways has a tight knit network of domestic destinations which of course includes the popular island destinations Koh Samui, Krabi and Phuket.
This was announced on Twitter yesterday:
The only chance to grab the best deal 'Fly with Bangkok Airways for Half Price' will start tomorrow! (24 Mar 21)
Get ready by waking up early as the registration starts from 08.00 a.m. tomorrow via https://t.co/OkirmWjHXZ
— Bangkok Airways (@bangkok_airways) March 23, 2021
You can access and register for this promotion on their website (see here).
Half of your airfare is on us ! Bangkok Airways encourage FlyerBonus members to join our “Half Price” campaign, enjoying your journey at half price from normal fare.
24 March 2021 at 08.00 hrs. and until 26 March 2021 at 20.00 hrs.
Booking period: 3 April 2021 (08.00 hrs) – 9 April 2021 (23.59 hrs.) at www.bangkokair.com/halfprice
Traveling period: 3 April 2021 – 30 September 2021
The special offer from “Half Price” campaign is applicable to a round-trip journey and participating domestic destinations operated by Bangkok Airways only.
This offer is applicable for FlyerBonus Members who resides in Thailand and participate the registration to receive the privilege.
So this promotion will be for round trip flights only and is applicable to their “normal fares” whatever that means. Hopefully not that they make the web saver unavailable for booking and the discount will be based on the standard fare which would really eat up most, if not all the savings.
Right now you can already fly for very cheap between Bangkok and destinations such as Koh Samui.
Current one way fares I found ex Bangkok were:
- Koh Samui: 2,160 THB
- Krabi 1,136 THB
- Phuket 980 THB
That represents a third of pre-pandemic rates especially in the case of Koh Samui which is served by Bangkok Airways exclusively.
I was initially interested in their Flyer Pass of 4 flights at a fixed price which they advertised to sell at local travel shows held at shopping malls but as so often this was a total scam. It simply wasn’t available as it was “sold out” by midday of the first day without any additional supply.
I’m looking forward to this promotion and will definitely book a few flights if the offer is attractive enough. Unfortunately it’s round trip based so I can’t leave myself open to when I actually want to return without incurring a change fee.
I will write a follow up on this promotion once bookings are available and we see anything special that could be of interest.
These are the Terms & Conditions for this promotion:
1. The prices display are airfare with discount of 50% from normal fare. The discount applies to the airfare only and does not apply to tax, airport tax, fuel surcharge or travel insurance.
2. This offer is applicable for FlyerBonus Members who resides in Thailand and participate the registration to receive the privilege.
3. One (1) FlyerBonus Member is entitled for one (1) privilege only. Duplication of membership account is not permitted.
4. Booking must be made via www.bangkokair.com/halfprice between 3 April 2021 and 9 April 2021 to enjoy one-time 50% discount on airfare (Eligible FlyerBonus Members must log in to process the reservation).
5. Passengers must ensure their personal information registered in FlyerBonus Member account (e.g. full name and date of birth) are correct and identical to the spelling in passport or identity card. These details will be used during flight reservation and is unchangeable.
6. Discount offer is valid for one-time-use only.
7. Discount offer is non-transferable and ticket must be issued under identity of the eligible FlyerBonus member.
8. Discount is applicable for one (1) adult per booking only.
9. Adult fares apply for child. Child traveling without parent is not permitted. Should you wish to book flight for child (ages 2 – 11 at the time of travel) please contact Bangkok Airways Call Center 1771 or +66 (2) 270 6699 during office hours (08.00 – 20.00 on everyday).
10. Discount offer applies to every branded fare family; Web Promotion, Web Saver and Web Freedom. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer/ promotion.
11. The offer is applicable to a round-trip journey and participating domestic destinations operated by Bangkok Airways only.
12. Discount offer is non-transferable and unable to be exchanged for any cash or kind.
13. Eligibility of seat selection is subject to the chosen fare hierarchy.
14. Seat assignment at the check-in counter will be managed under our staff discretion for reservation without preselected seat.
15. Traveling on discounted ticket is eligible for point accrual, for complete information please visit: flyerbonus.bangkokair.com/earn-points.
16. Discount can be used for reservations at all times including weekends and public holidays.
17. Discount offer is unable to be exchanged into cash or any other similar value.
18. Flight/date/route change is not permitted. Passenger names cannot be changed.
19. Discounted ticket is non-refundable and cannot be exchanged to travel voucher.
20. In a no-show event where passenger fail to be present on departure date, the tickets will be voided.
21. For reservation enquiry, please contact Bangkok Airways Call Center 1771 or +66 (2) 270 6699 during office hours (08.00 – 20.00 daily).
22. Bangkok Airways reserves the right to terminate a FlyerBonus membership with immediate effect if a member fail to abide terms and conditions and/or attempt to seek benefit by providing false information.
23. Bangkok Airways reserves its absolute right at any time to delete, add, alter, modify, change or vary any or all of the terms and conditions stated herein without any prior notice.
24. In case of any disputes, the decision of Bangkok Airways is final.