Marriott and Marriott Bonvoy have instituted numerous policies and updates due to the Covid-9 pandemic that is hopefully slowly going through 2021.
Marriott yesterday extended the reservation waiver through May 31, 2021 (the previous policy was valid through March 31) until all reservations can be canceled or changed without penalties if done a minimum of one day before (few exceptions with prepaid rates).
You can access Marriott’s policy for Covid-19 policies here.
Here’s the current policy:
For all Marriott International hotels worldwide, we are extending our flexible reservation policies as follows:
- In general, for guests with existing reservations made before July 6, 2020, for any future arrival date, the policies that were in place at the time of reservation, or as previously communicated, will continue to be honored.
- For guests with reservations made on or after July 6, 2020, for arrival dates through May 31, 2021, we will allow the reservation to be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before the scheduled arrival date. Reservations with pre-paid rates and other limited exclusions* will be subject to the rate offer rules communicated at the time of reservation. Please note that changes to the reservation will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
- For guests making new reservations for arrival dates on or after June 1, 2021, individual hotel cancellation policies in place at the time of reservation will apply.
Please note that this policy does not apply to travel associated with a Group booking. For guests with Group reservations (e.g., for meetings, events or conferences), please review the booking rate rules and contact the group organizer for more information.
Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third-party travel professionals are advised to contact their booking provider directly for further information.
- Some exclusions may apply. May exclude certain resort and luxury hotels, periods with special event restrictions and peak demand nights. Please refer to the property’s Rate Details for applicable terms or exceptions, if any, when booking or changing reservations.
- Individual (transient) guestroom reservation refunds of any kind (e.g., cash or credit voucher) may take up to 90 days from the date of cancellation to be processed. The form and timing of refund may be subject to applicable laws where each hotel is located.
- Design Hotels and Homes & Villas by Marriott International (HVMI) are excluded from this policy. HVMI-specific cancellation guidance is available here .
- Marriott Vacations Worldwide (e.g., Marriott, Sheraton and Westin Vacation Ownership resorts) is included in this policy for transient reservations only. For owner occupancy reservations, or if you received a rental cancellation notice, please visit https://hub.vacationclub.com .
- For group organizer questions on terms or conditions of group contracts, please contact the hotel.
If the rate is prepaid, you should check the cancellation requirements, as they could differ from the global ones.
All non-prepaid rates should be cancelable for up to a day before scheduled check-in until May 31, 2021.