A LoyaltyLobby reader sent us a copy of a welcome letter received at a Conrad Bali hotel and whether it complies with the Honors Diamond benefits.
You can access Conrad Bali’s website here.
Here’s the welcome letter from Conrad Bali:
UPDATE: Here’s the response we received from the Hilton spokesperson:
Thank you for bringing this communication to our attention and recognizing the great service Conrad Bali provides to its most elite guests.
We will discuss with the property directly to ensure they continue providing our members the best experience possible when booking and staying at this property.
Here are the Diamond benefits listed for MyWay:
Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Curio – A Collection by Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton™
- Space-available upgrade to a preferred room
- 1,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points per stay
- A complimentary continental breakfast for you and up to one additional guest registered to the same room each day of your stay
- Executive Floor Lounge Access (available at select properties7)
But the terms and conditions state:
- Diamond Elite Members will receive the following during stays as a registered Diamond Elite Member: At Waldorf Astoria® Hotels & Resorts, LXR Hotels & Resorts, Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Canopy™ by Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Curio – A Collection by Hilton and DoubleTree by Hilton™ and Tapestry Collection by Hilton™ properties, Diamond Hilton Honors Members may receive upgrades to preferred rooms, based on availability at the time of arrival. Upgrades for Diamond Hilton Honors Members may include upgrades up to “junior”, “standard” or “one-bedroom” suites. Upgrades exclude executive suites, villas and specialty accommodations/floors/towers (which may include, but not limited to, “Vista,” “Villa,” or “Club” accommodation types), subject to the discretion of the hotel. Group reservations and certain rates are not eligible for suite accommodations and may not be eligible for complimentary upgrades. All upgrades are granted on a space-available basis for the entire stay, as determined at the time of arrival. Preferred rooms are identified by each individual property and may vary within each brand. Upgrades will be given only for one room for the member, regardless of additional rooms the member may have purchased at or after the time of booking. The following brands do not offer complimentary upgrades: Embassy Suites™, Hilton Garden Inn®, Hampton by Hilton™, Tru by Hilton™, Homewood Suites by Hilton®, Home2 Suites by Hilton®, and Hilton Grand Vacations®.
The current benefit matrix:
And Also Previously:
We have covered Hilton Diamond upgrades quite a few times previously:
Hilton also trialed a confirmed Suite upgrade program:
Here are some videos of the accommodation I have had at the Conrad Bali:
Let me start by saying that Conrad Bali has provided an exceptional package for Diamond-members with the buffet breakfast at their main restaurant and an afternoon tea, and the happy hour at the suites section.
They have sometimes been a bit stingy with the room/suite upgrades, although they have been very good for returning guests based on my own experience (see the videos above).
However, there is nothing on the Hilton T&Cs that would only limit the Diamond-member upgrade to one category.
Unfortunately, the wording Hilton Honors uses compared to Hyatt and Marriott when it comes to top-tier suite upgrades is vaguer (it was stronger previously). There must be a reason for it.
I have been in touch with Hilton trying to find out their take on Diamond-member upgrades and this welcome letter at the Conrad Bali.