Two weeks ago I wrote about Bangkok Airways promotion for “Half Price” domestic flights that requires a pre-registration and the actual booking period has just opened up this morning with a live period from April 3rd until April 9th.
The tickets which (to my surprise) are really half price compared to the original pricing can be book with a travel period between 3 April 2021 – 30 September 2021.
The campaign requires pre-registration as I wrote in my piece from March 23rd which was open for just two days and there is no exception so if you didn’t go through through that process unfortunately you can’t benefit from this campaign anymore.
Registered customers can book one ticket per account.
Bangkok Airways has a tight knit network of domestic destinations which of course includes the popular island destinations Koh Samui, Krabi and Phuket.
— Bangkok Airways (@bangkok_airways) April 3, 2021
You can access the booking page on their website (see here) after logging into your account.
Half of your airfare is on us ! Bangkok Airways encourage FlyerBonus members to join our “Half Price” campaign, enjoying your journey at half price from normal fare.
24 March 2021 at 08.00 hrs. and until 26 March 2021 at 20.00 hrs.
Booking period: 3 April 2021 (08.00 hrs) – 9 April 2021 (23.59 hrs.) at www.bangkokair.com/halfprice
Traveling period: 3 April 2021 – 30 September 2021
The special offer from “Half Price” campaign is applicable to a round-trip journey and participating domestic destinations operated by Bangkok Airways only.
This offer is applicable for FlyerBonus Members who resides in Thailand and participate the registration to receive the privilege.
After checking the pricing I was positively surprised that you can indeed save 50% from the previously cheapest price available. I have to admit I was skeptical about that considering PG’s promotion track record.
Here is the price as displayed and bookable on the website:
Previous one way fares I found ex Bangkok were:
- Koh Samui: 2,160 THB
- Krabi 1,136 THB
- Phuket 980 THB
The base fare for the cheapest BKK-USM flight was 2000 Baht plus 160 Baht in fees. Now with the base fare slashed by 50% the rate for the first segment is 1,130 Baht and 1,330 Baht for the return due to slightly higher airport fees in Samui.
This is the total for the round trip:
2,460 Baht is a pretty spectacular price for a roundtrip from Bangkok to Koh Samui. I wish I could book more than one under this promotion but unfortunately that’s not allowed under the t&c.
I was once again surprised that Bangkok Airways would only accept Visa, Mastercard and JCB for payment and not American Express. Another missed opportunity to charge at least a domestic ticket to my Amex Platinum, I’ll use Chase Sapphire Reserve instead that also has a travel insurance coverage and a 3x earning ratio.
I have already booked my flight from Bangkok to Samui for 2,700 Baht round trip (could have gotten it cheaper but I wanted decent times). Unfortunately this campaign is round trip based so I can’t leave myself open to when I actually want to return without forfeiting the return flight as changes are not allowed under this ticket.
It’s a nice saving on Samui flights which are usually quite expensive although prices have already dropped by 70% since Thailand’s border are closed.
These are the full Terms & Conditions for this campaign:
1. The prices display are airfare with discount of 50% from normal fare. The discount applies to the airfare only and does not apply to tax, airport tax, fuel surcharge or travel insurance.
2. This offer is applicable for FlyerBonus Members who resides in Thailand and participate the registration to receive the privilege.
3. One (1) FlyerBonus Member is entitled for one (1) privilege only. Duplication of membership account is not permitted.
4. Booking must be made via www.bangkokair.com/halfprice between 3 April 2021 and 9 April 2021 to enjoy one-time 50% discount on airfare (Eligible FlyerBonus Members must log in to process the reservation).
5. Passengers must ensure their personal information registered in FlyerBonus Member account (e.g. full name and date of birth) are correct and identical to the spelling in passport or identity card. These details will be used during flight reservation and is unchangeable.
6. Discount offer is valid for one-time-use only.
7. Discount offer is non-transferable and ticket must be issued under identity of the eligible FlyerBonus member.
8. Discount is applicable for one (1) adult per booking only.
9. Adult fares apply for child. Child traveling without parent is not permitted. Should you wish to book flight for child (ages 2 – 11 at the time of travel) please contact Bangkok Airways Call Center 1771 or +66 (2) 270 6699 during office hours (08.00 – 20.00 on everyday).
10. Discount offer applies to every branded fare family; Web Promotion, Web Saver and Web Freedom. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer/ promotion.
11. The offer is applicable to a round-trip journey and participating domestic destinations operated by Bangkok Airways only.
12. Discount offer is non-transferable and unable to be exchanged for any cash or kind.
13. Eligibility of seat selection is subject to the chosen fare hierarchy.
14. Seat assignment at the check-in counter will be managed under our staff discretion for reservation without preselected seat.
15. Traveling on discounted ticket is eligible for point accrual, for complete information please visit: flyerbonus.bangkokair.com/earn-points.
16. Discount can be used for reservations at all times including weekends and public holidays.
17. Discount offer is unable to be exchanged into cash or any other similar value.
18. Flight/date/route change is not permitted. Passenger names cannot be changed.
19. Discounted ticket is non-refundable and cannot be exchanged to travel voucher.
20. In a no-show event where passenger fail to be present on departure date, the tickets will be voided.
21. For reservation enquiry, please contact Bangkok Airways Call Center 1771 or +66 (2) 270 6699 during office hours (08.00 – 20.00 daily).
22. Bangkok Airways reserves the right to terminate a FlyerBonus membership with immediate effect if a member fail to abide terms and conditions and/or attempt to seek benefit by providing false information.
23. Bangkok Airways reserves its absolute right at any time to delete, add, alter, modify, change or vary any or all of the terms and conditions stated herein without any prior notice.
24. In case of any disputes, the decision of Bangkok Airways is final.