Etihad Guest is offering a new promotion for transferring various hotel and banking points into Etihad miles and earning a whopping 50% bonus in the process of it.
The campaign is available for select hotel (Accor & Marriott) and banking partners with transfers having to be initiated until the end of October in order to secure the bonus points.
Etihad Guest miles don’t have the greatest value so before pulling the trigger on this I suggest to examine their award charts carefully and the make up your mind after that.
You can access this offer on Etihad’s website here.
These are the partners available for transferring hotel points and earning the 50% bonus:
The financial and retail partners are all local in the UAE so likely not useful for international customers.
You can skip over to the hotel partners directly and initiate the transfer there:
The most profitable would probably be a 60,000 points transfer from Marriott Bonvoy which transfers into 25,000 miles plus the 50% so all in you’d end up with 37,500 Etihad Guest miles.
If this really represents substantial value obviously depends on the use of those miles once credited and I can just emphasize again on having a look at Etihad’s redemption opportunities to carefully weigh out if such a transfer is actually worth it.
Etihad Guest wouldn’t be my first choice when picking a program to to transfer my hotel points to but they have some program partners with very reasonable redemption rates such as Virgin Australia and their longer routes in Down Under that offer lie flat seats once the flights resume that is.
These are the Terms & Conditions for the promotion:
- The offer is valid for all Points to Miles conversions made between 08 April 2021 (00.00am) and 30 April 2021 (23.59pm) both days inclusive.
- Partners included points transfer partners: ADCB Touchpoints, Joud Rewards, Emirates Islamic Bank, Emirates NBD, FAB Stars, AIMIA (Air Miles/My Reward Points), Le Club Accor Hotels, Marriot, Etisalat, ADNOC, SHARE points, TBOholidays & CBI Rewards
- Once the Miles transfer request is initiated it cannot be reversed.
- This offer is subject to the Terms & Conditions of the Etihad Guest Programme.
- A valid Etihad Guest membership number is required to successfully perform the conversion.
- The Etihad Guest member will be responsible for quoting the correct Etihad Guest membership number to the participating conversion partners for the conversion activity.
- Terms and conditions governing the existing points transfer partners will apply.
- The promotion is applicable for any member who transfer’s their points from a qualifying Partner loyalty programs to Etihad Guest Miles. The eligibility of the bonus miles for a specific member will be done based on the validity of the promotion and the date of conversion provided by the partner for that respective member.
- Base Etihad Guest Miles transferred by the member will be awarded as per the applicable conversion ratios of each respective partner.
- Bonus Etihad Guest Miles earned during this promotion will reflect in the member’s Etihad Guest membership account within 10 working days of the end date of the promotion.
- This offer construct is governed by the transfer ratios and minimum thresholds applicable for these respective partners.
- Bonus Etihad Guest Miles will not be calculated on a retroactive basis under any circumstances i.e. credit card/ hotel reward points transferred to Etihad Guest Miles and posted into the membership account during the promotion period but for which the transfer request was placed outside the promotion period will not qualify for the bonus miles promotion.
- Etihad Guest reserves the right to withdraw or cancel the promotion or modify or alter the terms and conditions of such promotion at any time.
- Participation under this promotion is purely voluntary for the members.
- The decision of Etihad Guest will be final and binding under this promotion and no disputes will be entertained in this regard.
- This offer cannot be clubbed with any other transfer offer.