Global Hotel Alliance (GHA) is a collection of independent hotels and smaller chains that use the GHA’s Discovery as their guest loyalty/recognition program. Omni is about to exit the program in June, but NH Hotels will join in early 2022.
Discovery launched an offer that allows members to earn Double Night Credits on January 1st that has been extended through September 30, 2021.
You can access this offer on GHA’s website here.
- Platinum usually 10 – 29 nights (now 5)
- Black usually 30+ nights (now 15)
GHA Discovery’s status benefit matrix:
GHA Discovery participating brands:
Omni Hotels exit Discovery in June but NH Hotels join early 2022:
I did try GHA Discovery years ago when more rate plans were eligible (they didn’t need to be booked directly) and stayed at my first ever Alila (now part of Hyatt).
You don’t need any free nights with GHA, but instead collect local experience awards that may or may not be of interest to you (I had mine expire).
GHA has indicated that they will enhance the Discovery program in 2022 with “digital” currency that I would assume means dynamically priced awards (you earn and then burn).
Platinum or Black status can make sense if you stay at any of the better hotel chains of GHA, such as Kempinski.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
• Must be a DISCOVERY member to participate. Not a member yet? Click here to join DISCOVERY
• Members must register prior to stay to participate in ‘Double Nights’ promotion between 1 January 2021 and 30 September 2021
• Eligible reservations must have stay dates between 1 January 2021 and 30 September 2021
• Ineligible rates are not included
• Double night credits count toward DISCOVERY tier status only and will not count toward additional rewards at specific brands (ex: night credits do not count toward Free Nights at Omni Hotels) or Local Experience awards.
• Additional night credits earned during this ‘Double Nights’ promotion do not qualify for any Rollover benefit
• DISCOVERY membership, earning and redemption are subject to the programme terms and conditions