Mr & Mrs Smith is a collection of independent and boutique hotels that use them as one of the distribution channels.
Select Mr & Mrs Smith hotels are also available for bookings through IHG, and you can both earn and redeem IHG Rewards points at them. Mr & Mrs Smith now offers 1% to 3% cashback in future travel credits for directly made bookings.
You can access Mr & Mrs Smith here.
Here are the three levels of Mr & Mrs Smith:
- BlackSmith = free = 1% cashback
- SilverSmith = 100 GBP/year = 2% cashback
- GoldSmith = 400 GBP/year = 3% cashback
IHG Rewards benefits:
- Members will earn the usual number of points, including the elite bonus for Mr & Mrs Smith stays
- Mr & Mrs Smith doesn’t participate in IHG’s loyalty promotions (double, triple, etc. points)
- The Mr & Mrs Smith pricing is the same as on their website (OTA or direct hotel pricing could be different)
- Ambassador and Kimpton Inner Circle members are eligible for a room upgrade and GoldSmith welcome gift
- Award nights must be canceled a minimum of 30 days before the intended stay
- Credit card free night or fourth night free benefits don’t apply for Mr & Mrs Smith hotels
- 400+ or Mr & Mrs Smith’s 1,600 or so properties will participate in this IHG/Mr & Mrs Smith partnership
IHG Hotels and Mr & Mrs Smith partnership:
Most of Mr & Mrs Smith affiliated hotels are likely cheaper if booked directly with the hotel (they pay commission to the company) or through one of the OTAs.
Who honestly cares 1% cashback that you can use towards future Mr & Mrs Smith bookings?
You can do much better by booking through IHG (hotels that have chosen to participate) and earn IHG Rewards points in the process and some elite benefits.