United Airlines is celebrating the 40th Anniversary of its MileagePlus frequent flier program by offering discounted domestic and international awards that must be booked today (May 6).
Select domestic economy awards are on sale at 4,000 miles each way (roundtrip required), while international destinations are price at 40,000 miles return. The offer is valid for travel from June 1 – August 31, 2021.
You can access this offer on United’s website here.
Here are the eligible routes:
Some of these international destinations at 40,000 miles + taxes would be deals, even if in the economy, during the usual times, but airfares are highly depressed at the moment. But perhaps some readers can use this discount.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- Tickets: Tickets must be purchased no later than May 6, 2021. Roundtrip purchase is required.
- Travel Period: Travel may not begin until June 1, 2021, and must be completed by August 31, 2021.
- Fare Validity: Fares are valid in the Economy (Coach) cabin on United/United Express carriers and certain codeshare operated flights only. Some flights may be operated by the following airlines, doing business as United Express: Air Wisconsin, CommutAir, ExpressJet Airlines, GoJet Airlines, Mesa Air, Republic Airlines, or SkyWest Airlines; or may be operated pursuant to a codeshare agreement, such as Silver Airways.
- Minimum Stay: Saturday night stay is required.
- Blackout Dates: Travel is valid for any day meeting travel period requirements.
- Miscellaneous: Fares, fees, rules and offers are subject to change without notice. Seats are capacity-controlled and may not be available on all flights or days. Fares are nonrefundable except during the first 24 hours after purchase. Other restrictions may apply.
Award pricing is subject to change without notice. Passenger is responsible for all taxes, fees, baggage fees and surcharges applicable to award travel, including, with respect to government imposed taxes and fees, September 11th Security Fee of $5.60 per one-way trip that does not include a government defined stopover, U.S. Customs, Immigration and APHIS User Fees of $16.95 for each international arrival in the U.S.; and non-U.S. government ticket taxes, fees and airport charges may add up to $300 per ticket as of January 1, 2021. Such taxes, fees and surcharges must be paid at the time of ticketing and are subject to change. Any valid unused award ticket may be returned to the MileagePlus Service Center, for a service charge, up to one year from the date of issue. Award seats are subject to availability and capacity-control restrictions apply. For more information on MileagePlus award travel visit united.com/awards.
Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus® program, including without limitation the Premier® program (the “MileagePlus Program”), which are expressly incorporated herein. United® may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus Program, go to united.com.