Marriott and Marriott Bonvoy have instituted numerous policies and updates due to the Covid-9 pandemic that is becoming endemic in 2021.
Marriott yesterday extended the reservation waiver through August 31, 2021 (the previous policy was valid through May 31) until when all reservations can be canceled or changed without penalties if done a minimum of one day before (few exceptions with prepaid rates).
You can access Marriott’s policy for Covid-19 policies here.
Here’s the current policy:
For all Marriott International hotels worldwide, we are extending our flexible reservation policies as follows:
- In general, for guests with existing reservations made before July 6, 2020, for any future arrival date, the policies that were in place at the time of reservation, or as previously communicated, will continue to be honored.
- For guests with reservations made on or after July 6, 2020, for arrival dates through August 31, 2021, we will allow the reservation to be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before the scheduled arrival date. Reservations with pre-paid rates and other limited exclusions* will be subject to the rate offer rules communicated at the time of reservation. Please note that changes to the reservation will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
- For guests making new reservations for arrival dates on or after September 1, 2021, individual hotel cancellation policies in place at the time of reservation will apply.
Please note that this policy does not apply to travel associated with a Group booking. For guests with Group reservations (e.g., for meetings, events or conferences), please review the booking rate rules and contact the group organizer for more information.
Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third-party travel professionals are advised to contact their booking provider directly for further information.
- Some exclusions may apply. May exclude certain resort and luxury hotels, special event restrictions, peak dates and high demand destinations. Please refer to the property’s Rate Details for applicable terms or exceptions, if any, when booking or changing reservations.
- Individual (transient) guestroom reservation refunds of any kind (e.g., cash or credit voucher) may take up to 90 days from the date of cancellation to be processed. The form and timing of refund may be subject to applicable laws where each hotel is located.
- Design Hotels and Homes & Villas by Marriott International (HVMI) are excluded from this policy. HVMI-specific cancellation guidance is available here
- Marriott Vacations Worldwide (e.g., Marriott, Sheraton and Westin Vacation Ownership resorts) non-owner reservations are subject to the cancellation policies and rate offer rules communicated at the time of reservation. For owner occupancy reservations, please visit https://hub.vacationclub.com
- For group organizer questions on terms or conditions of group contracts, please contact the hotel.
If the rate is prepaid, you should check the cancellation requirements, as they could differ from the global ones.
All non-prepaid rates should be cancelable for up to a day before scheduled check-in until August 31, 2021.