IHG Hotels have launched a “Department of Epic” sweepstakes that allow one participant to win 15,000,000 points!
All you need to do is to tell IHG why you need a vacation on Instagram or Twitter by tagging @ihghotels and using the hashtag #IHGTellMeContest by July 20, 2021.
You can access IHG’s here.
Note that these sweepstakes are open for legal residents of 50 United States and the District of Columbia.
Here’s what you need to do to partake in sweepstakes:
Consumers can enter to win this once in lifetime year-long vacation by taking to Instagram and Twitter and ‘telling IHG why they need an epic vacation – without telling IHG they need an epic vacation’, using #IHGTellMeContest and tagging @ihghotels. The winner will be announced on August 2.
Here’s the release from the IHG:
IHG Hotels & Resorts launches ‘Department of Epic’ with chance to win a year of free hotel stays
Today, IHG Hotels & Resorts announced a contest that will give one lucky US-based traveler the chance to win back a year of missed adventures with 365 days worth of epic hotel experiences at various IHG locations, including InterContinental, Kimpton and Holiday Inn Express.
The world is a big and beautiful place, so for travelers ready to start exploring again and embark on over-the-top experiences – IHG is excited to be welcoming everyone back.
The contest, which aims to give guests back the time, memories and travel experiences lost in 2020, is part of IHG’s new Department of Epic – a program which will help guests bring their travel dreams to life. Whether it’s exploring the Grand Canyon, taking in the magic of Napa Valley with a hot air balloon experience or swimming with whale sharks in the Maldives – IHG has a hotel for wherever you want to go and for however you want to stay.
“At IHG Hotels & Resorts, our teams connect people through travel and we’ve missed making that happen,” said Claire Bennett, Chief Customer Officer, IHG Hotels & Resorts. “With the launch of our Department of Epic, we’re helping kick start the memorable and epic experiences people have been waiting for – strengthening family bonds, celebrating milestone moments, uniting far-flung friends, forging business partnerships – across our hotels around the world.”
This once-in-a-lifetime opportunity comes with exclusive perks, such as:
- Ultimate Snack Setup: The winner will receive a complimentary basket full of their favorite snacks every time they check into a new hotel. Gummy bears in bed? The Department will deliver them right to your room.
- 12 Months of Meals: Over the course of the year, the winner will be able to dine at one of IHG’s award-winning restaurants, once a month.
- Gift of Perfect Sleep: To avoid the dreaded transition of returning to their bed after a year of dreamy slumbers, the winner will be able to swap out their home mattress with a deluxe option that they’ve come to love during their stay.
- Private Car: To get around, IHG will give the winner access to a private car at select hotels to take them wherever they want to go around the city.
- Robe Collection: The winner will enjoy the coziest, over-the-top collection of iconic Kimpton robes that have long been recognized for their memorable designs ranging from leopard to seersucker to tie dye and will serve as the perfect souvenir from the year.
- Immediate IHG Rewards Status: The winner will become a Spire Elite rewards member, the program’s highest level of membership.
- Personal Booking Concierge: All hotel reservations will be made through a personal booking concierge to help the winner select the perfect destination and hotel for each day of the year.
In addition to these exclusive perks and as part of the Department of Epic, IHG will provide tailored experiences through a Surprise & Delight Program. All consumers who are “Epic’d” will be rewarded with “Epic Extras” – from plush hotel slippers to a penthouse booking, the program will help create more memorable moments.
To enter the contest, travelers with wanderlust are invited to take to Instagram and Twitter and ‘tell IHG why they need an epic vacation – without telling IHG they need an epic vacation’, using #IHGTellMeContest and tagging @ihghotels. The winner will be announced on August 2.
IHG is accepting submissions from June 22 through July 20. Entries will be collected on Instagram and Twitter and must tag @IHGhotels and include #IHGTellMeContest. Click here for a list of terms and conditions. Consumers who want to learn more about the Department of Epic campaign can watch IHG’s short film entitled “Open Up Your World,” which features various IHG destinations around the world and a sneak peek at some of the epic experiences guests can enjoy. The film will be featured on the brand’s website, social media platforms and more.
IHG values 15,000,000 points at $60,000 (0.4 cents each), which is likely the amount you would be taxed on unless you come up with an alternate value. Perhaps worth a Tweet or post on Instagram?
Here are the terms and conditions of these sweepstakes: