In May (read more here), Hilton announced that its affiliated hotels in the United States would temporarily move away from complimentary Gold and Diamond member breakfast benefit between July 1 – December 31, 2021.
Instead, Gold and Diamond members + 1 guest would get a daily F&B credit, which is brand and location-specific. Hilton has not officially released the table above that we have acquired by other means.
You can access Hilton here.
There were questions from the readers about what brands Hilton considers Luxury, Full Service, and Life Style, and I have compiled the list below.
Remember that you should always make the reservation for two to get the maximum daily F&B credit.
- Waldorf Astoria
- Curio Collection
- Tapestry Collection
Pros & Cons of Daily F&B Credit
– Some skip breakfast and can use the credit later
– You may leave early when the breakfast is not available – you can use the credit in the evening
– Business travelers can expense the breakfast – can use the credit for other F&B expenses
– Some may prefer breakfast on some days and other F&B options on others
– Must be used daily – is not cumulative
– Likely not cover breakfast beyond coffee and a muffin
– “Temporary” until the end of 2021 (wouldn’t surprise me if it is extended due to “positive” feedback from the members)
Hilton Hawaiin Village Breakfast Menu
Continental breakfast with coffee and juice would set you back $35 with tax (before a tip). Your daily F&B credit would cover $15 of this.
Breakfasts are still good at Hilton Hotels outside of the US!
I would be all for this IF it would be YOUR choice, and you could make a choice daily between the breakfast or F&B credit.
As I have demonstrated above, the daily F&B credit at many locations won’t cover even half of the cost of the continental breakfast with coffee and juice.
The Hilton-affiliated hotels in the United States must feel the cost pressure due to all elite members through credit cards (corporate collects the cash). At the same time, they are left with the cost of delivering the benefits such as the breakfast (the most profitable F&B product for the hotels).