Germany, from today, allows non-EU/Schengen citizens who have been fully vaccinated to enter the country for tourism and other purposes. There are few countries on the virus variant list that are excluded.
Germany published an updated safelist last week from which visitors to the country would be allowed regardless of the vaccination status, including the United States.
Safe countries from which visitors are welcomed regardless of their vaccination status:
- Albania (as of 20 June 2021, 0:00 a.m.)
- Hong Kong (as of 20 June 2021, 0:00 a.m.)
- Lebanon (as of 20 June 2021, 0:00 a.m.)
- Macao (as of 20 June 2021, 0:00 a.m.)
- New Zealand
- North Macedonia (as of 20 June 2021, 0:00 a.m.)
- Serbia (as of 20 June 2021, 0:00 a.m.)
- South Korea
- Taiwan (as of 20 June 2021, 0:00 a.m.)
- USA (as of 20 June 2021, 0:00 a.m.)
The visitors from other countries must have been jabbed with EMA approved vaccine:
According to the Local here’s what you need to prove the vaccination status:
- The personal data of the vaccinated person (at least first and last name plus your date of birth)
- The date/s of vaccination and number of vaccination doses
- The name of the vaccine
- The name of the disease against which the person was vaccinated
- The name and address of the person or institution responsible for vaccinating the person
- Confirmation in written or electronic form with the qualified electronic signature or qualified electronic seal of the person who carried out the vaccination; if for administrative reasons this is not possible, a suitable format such as a stamp or state symbols should be used to clearly identify the responsible person or institution.
Keep in mind that a photo of a vaccine certificate will not be accepted – it should be a digital or paper pass.
You cannot enter from United Kingdom, South Africa, Brazil, and India even if fully vaccinated due to variant concerns.
There are regional restrictions in place within various states in Germany that are also being lifted once the epidemiological situation allows. Even if you are allowed to enter without vaccination, there could be some limitations in place on what you can do.