Marriott has launched an offer for stays in Phuket under the Thai Government Sand Box initiative of opening the tourism island for vaccinated visitors.
Marriott hotels offer Bonvoy members discounts, daily F&B credits, breakfasts, and the ability to cancel without a fee up to 24 hours before if you book by August 31 for stays through March 31, 2022.
You can access this offer on Marriott’s website here.
Here’s the offer that Phuket hotels are offering:
The wait is over. Starting 1 July 2021, Phuket will reopen to international travelers without the need to quarantine upon arrival. Please click here for more information.
Rediscover the “Pearl of the Andaman” with our Summer Dreaming promotion, exclusively for you, where you can enjoy:
- Preferential rates
- Daily free breakfast
- THB 1,000 in hotel credits per room per night during your stay
- Complimentary upgrade and 4pm late check-out for 7+ nights
- 5,000 Marriott Bonvoy bonus points
- Free cancellation 24 hours before check-in date
Enjoy access to our unparalleled collection of hotels and resorts at Phuket, exclusive member benefits and recognition at one of your all-time dream destinations. All you need to do is book before 31 August 2021 for stays through 31 March 2022.
Here are the participating hotels:
- Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach
- JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa
- Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
- Phuket Marriott Resort and Spa, Nai Yang Beach
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort
- Four Points by Sheraton Phuket Patong Beach Resort
- The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Phuket
- The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket
It is interesting to see what level of incoming tourists this Sand Box-these will attract and whether it is merely used by returning Thais and residents who prefer spending their first two weeks roaming around Phuket than staying inside an ASQ hotel in Bangkok.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- Offer is valid for stays at participating properties in the Marriott International portfolio and is subject to availability.
- Offer does not apply to groups of 10 or more rooms.
- A stay is defined as consecutive nights spent in the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check out activities. Check out and check in can not be on the same day.
- The bonus Marriott BonVoy points will be applicable to bookings made via direct channels only (e.g. voice, property, brand.com).
- For each completed eligible night’s stay, a folio credit of hotel determined amount in local currency equivalent will be awarded. Hotels are to use budgeted foreign exchange rates for conversion of credit amount into local/selling currency.
- Folio credit will be applied to Guest folio at time of checkout.
- Folio credits are not transferable, not redeemable for cash, void after checkout and cannot be applied toward future stays.
- Offer is fully yieldable and available on all channels. Blackout dates, early departure fees, and deposit and cancellation restrictions may apply and vary by hotel.
- This offer may not be combined with other select promotions, offers and discounts.
- Offer does not apply to Bvlgari brand. Ritz Carlton Reserve properties would participate in the offer however without offering base and additional Marriott Bonvoy point earning benefit.