Qatar Airlines, like most others, have teamed up to offer hotel and card rewards to loyalty program members using miles.
Now, Privilege Club members can save 40% on the number of miles required for hotel and card rewards booked until July 19, 2021 (stay or rental dates can be far out).
You can access this offer on Qatar’s website here.
I decided to compare the number of miles required for a stay in Madrid next week if booked using Privilege Club miles versus cash directly with Marriott.
You can book the hotel for 1,038 euros or 130,600 Qmiles. The value of Qmiles used towards this hotel booking is 0.94 US cents each.
It is not that bad to use of Qmiles if you can get roughly 1 cent each value out of them when booking a hotel through Qatar Airways (handled by Points.com).
You do have to remember that these are considered third party bookings and not eligible for any elite benefits, night credits or points under Marriott Bonvoy.
Here are the terms and conditions of this sale:
• Promotion is valid for bookings made between 7th July 2021 to 19th July 2021. The hotel stays or car rentals can be outside the booking period.
• Discount applicable based on total Qmiles redeemed.
• Discount applies to Qmiles only portion of the booking.
• The booking must be made through the site, and needs to be carried out, i.e. cancellations are excluded.
• This offer can not be combined with other promotions.
• Points.com Inc Points.com Inc and/or Qatar Airways Privilege Club reserves the right to delay or retract a promotion if deceptive booking behaviour is detected. This behaviour includes creating multiple accounts, cancelling/rebooking activity and hotel non-stays.
• Points.com Inc and/or Qatar Privilege club. reserves the right to retract the promotion at any time without prior notice.