Qatar Airways, one of the few airlines that continued to fly through the pandemic while many other carriers temporarily suspended their operations, has decided to extend the Guaranteed Flexibility Policy for tickets purchases through August 31, 2021.
You can change your destination (fare differences apply, but change fees are waived), and the ticket is valid for two years. You can also make unlimited changes (fare differences apply) or get a refund without penalties or fees.
You can access this offer on Qatar’s website here.
Here’s the policy:
We understand your need to feel safe, so that you can travel confidently during these times. That is why we are extending the validity of our guaranteed flexibility policy, applicable to tickets issued up to 31 August 2021 for travel up to 31 May 2022.*
We will continue to offer you the highest standards of hygiene and safety, while operating one of the most sustainable fleets in the skies, for your peace of mind and the wellbeing of our planet. You can always rely on us if your plans change.
You need to keep offering flexibility if you wish to have any chance of getting passengers to buy advance tickets for travel later in the year.
There have been so many surprises thrown our way by Covid-19 that it wouldn’t be a surprise if something pops up and restrictions are temporarily put back on for countries that have relaxed them.
I wish all the airlines would offer similar policies, such as Qatar Airways does.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- Valid for tickets issued on/before 31 August 2021.
- Valid for any Qatar Airways’ tickets purchased either directly from Qatar Airways or through travel agents. If you have booked your ticket through a travel agent, please contact your travel agent.
- Qatar Airways is entitled to change its Extending Our Commitment Policy with immediate effect and without prior notice to you.
Keep your ticket open
- Keep your fully unutilized ticket open for two years and apply the value towards future travel
- Please make date and route changes prior to the scheduled departure time that you are booked on. If you have booked directly with Qatar Airways, you may do this through our website or Contact Centres. If you have booked through a travel agency, please contact the travel agency.
- All travel must be completed by 31 May 2022, rebooking fees will be waived
- Rebook into the same booking class (RBD) and ticketed fare basis as the original ticket
- Any difference in fare, taxes, fees, charges and surcharges will apply
- Changes for travel to Australia must be made 3 days prior to original travel date
Refund to the original form of payment
- Please make any refund requests prior to the scheduled departure time that you are booked on. If you have booked directly with Qatar Airways, you may do this through our website or Contact Centres. If you have booked through a travel agency, please contact the travel agency.
- Refund penalties and no-show fees will be waived
- Refund amount will be credited using the original form of payment used to purchase the ticket.