Emirates has sent out headline-grabbing emails “Earn a Mile-A-Minute in Dubai” for Skywards members.
Skywards members can earn 1 mile for every minute they stay in Dubai between October 1 – March 31, 2022, for tickets issued August 1 – March 31. You need to register for this offer.
You can access and register for this offer on the Emirates website here.
The biggest catch is that the maximum number of miles that is counted based on your arrival and departure times of your Emirates or flydubai flights if issued on the 176-ticket stock.
The miles earned are capped at 5,000 (5,000/60/24) = three and a half days.
The headline is great, but the number of miles capped is meager, and you can max the offer by staying less than four nights in Dubai.
Good offer, nevertheless, for those that plan to visit Dubai and the Expo 2020, which is held in 2021.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- The Emirates Skywards Mile A Minute in Dubai Offer is open to all individual Emirates Skywards members who:
- are existing Emirates Skywards members, or who enroll as a member by 11:59 p.m. (Dubai time) on March 31, 2022.
- have registered for the offer prior to travel and latest by 11:59 p.m. (Dubai time) on March 31, 2022, either via email link, emirates.com, Emirates App or Emirates Retail or Contact Centers. Skysurfers can register only with consent from their Parent/Guardian, who must register through the Emirates Retail or Contact Centers.
- have completed issuance of an Eligible Ticket and Eligible Fare between 00:01 a.m. on August 1, 2021 and 11:59 p.m. (Dubai time) on March 31, 2022.
- have commenced an Eligible Journey on Eligible Flights between 00:01 a.m. on October 1, 2021 and 11:59 p.m. (Dubai time) on March 31, 2022.
- An Eligible Ticket is defined as: any with prefix 176:
- any purchased via emirates.com, Emirates App, Emirates Retail or Contact Centers, or via a travel agent.
- any eligible for normal Skywards Miles accrual, per Skywards Program Rules.
- any, except one way tickets terminating in the United Arab Emirates.
- An Eligible Fare is defined as:
- “Special”, “Saver”, “Flex” or “Flex Plus” in either Economy Class, Business Class or First Class.
- An Eligible Journey is defined as:
- any originating outside the United Arab Emirates.
- with a minimum stay in Dubai of 24 hours (per scheduled arrival & departure times on ticket).
- An Eligible Flight is defined as:
- an Emirates marketed flight with EK designator, operated by Emirates or flydubai.
- all other codeshare and interline flights are excluded from this offer.
- An Emirates Skywards member who, at the discretion of Emirates Skywards, satisfies all the conditions set out above will be awarded bonus Skywards Miles in addition to the Skywards Miles normally earned in respect of the flight:
- the bonus applicable for this promotion is 1 Skywards Mile for every 1 minute in Dubai (per scheduled arrival & departure times on ticket). The maximum bonus that can be earned is 5,000 Skywards Miles.
- this bonus will be credited only once per member during the offer period.
- this bonus will be credited for the first eligible stay in Dubai only.
- this bonus will be credited within 14 days from the completion of your stay in Dubai.
- The Emirates Skywards member will be notified of the Miles credit in their membership statements, which are accessible on the Emirates App or online at emirates.com.
- All other Emirates Skywards Program Rules apply.