Avianca LifeMiles has brought back a transfer points promotion to move miles between accounts (at a fee) with members getting 115% bonus in the process when transferring miles until August 20, 2021.
LifeMiles has had similar promotions in the past and the last one was for a transfer bonus was back in spring this year with a little higher, extra bonus.
It’s common for LifeMiles to always change between straight out purchase and transfer options when it comes to their promotions, but that being said they had a Buy Miles promo almost every single month.
Trips are for sharing!
Ask a relative or friend to transfer miles and get 115% bonus for every LM 1,000 transferred to your account, a total of LM 2,150.
Promotion valid from August 10th to August 20th, 2021.
A fee US$15.00 + taxes for every LM 1,000 transferred between accounts applies.
Keep in mind that this is nothing else but essentially buying miles with the added benefit of being able to consolidate accounts this way, in case you have access to some other accounts. The miles you transfer aren’t free – somehow you collected or purchased them before – so that could potentially influence peoples thinking when evaluating if this is a great deal or not.
You can always purchase miles through the miles&cash option during the redemption process at the rate of 1.5 cents per mile (depending on how many miles you buy – the prices varies based on the amount).
Avianca LifeMiles has made mixed class awards available for booking on its website during the last years. You can now book economy or business class feeder flights for international flights in business or first. This makes it somewhat attractive again to finally use LifeMiles more effectively. Nevertheless, I wouldn’t recommend buying large quantities of miles without having immediate use for them.
LifeMiles still battles with various IT issues that are related to a variety of factors such as specific mix of airlines in one ticket and certain credit cards used, which allows the ticketing process result in an error message for the customer.
These are the Terms & Conditions for this current promotion:
- This promotion is valid from August 10th to August 20th, 2021 (between 00.00-23.59 GMT -6, El Salvador), as the last date of transfer.
- Transfer fee for each block of 1,000 LifeMiles: US$15.00 not including applicable taxes and US$18.30* including applicable taxes according to the country of correspondence registered in the LifeMiles database**.
- The 115% bonus is calculated over the amount of miles to be transferred. Miles transfer is available through Avianca´s Call Centers, LifeMiles.com and Avianca Information Centers. For residents of Venezuela, it is only available through LifeMiles.com.
- At LifeMiles.com, the purchase can only be done through BUY MILES/ Transfer your miles.
- Only form of payment through Avianca’s Call Center and LifeMiles.com: international credit or debit card. Cash payments are only allowed at Avianca’s Information Centers. The miles must be transferred in multiples of LM 1,000. Minimum transfer miles: LM 1,000. Maximum transfer miles per member per calendar year: LM 75,000 (excluding additional bonuses). Maximum LifeMiles to receive per member per calendar year: LM 75,000 (excluding additional bonuses).
- The miles transferred and earned with this promotion do not apply to achieve or maintain Elite status. The transfer of miles is not reversible or refundable, except in countries where this right is granted by applicable law, such as the right to retraction in Colombia, in the cases where it applies.
- The transfer of miles is an immediate execution transaction. Once the miles are transferred, they will be accrued immediately on the receiving member´s account. As of that moment, the miles can be used according to the terms and conditions of the LifeMiles Program. Miles transferred, once accrued, can be redeemed in accordance with the conditions specified in the LifeMiles Program Terms and Conditions and the portfolio of products and services available for redemption.