Virgin Atlantic Flying Club previously launched a new sale of Virgin Points with up to a 70% bonus that is valid through August 14, 2021 so today is the last day to take advantage of this deal.
Flying Club has increased the number of Virgin Points you can buy during this sale before the bonus from 100,000 to 150,000 and the cheapest price is in British Pound (requiring a change of the account address).
You can access this offer on Virgin Atlantic’s website here.
Here’s the bonus schedule:
Here’s the price at 70% bonus:
The price of a Virgin Atlantic – Virgin Point under this sale is 1.6 US cents each.
A reader sent us a note that you can buy miles as low as 1.22 cents per mile when completing the transaction in British Pounds:
The way this is being priced depends on the account address but there is nothing that would keep you from lets say using a random UK hotel for a while.
Either way Flying Club has a lot of sweet spots for awards, mostly on partner airlines.
Today is the last day where Virgin miles can be purchased with a bonus. There are some very reasonable Virgin Atlantic partner awards, like the ANA one John redeemed last year (read more here). I have since redeemed another one way First Class award on ANA as well.
If you plan to use the miles for Virgin Atlantic’s own award flights, be warned that there are rather high fuel/carrier surcharges collected that might negate a lot of the value.
Here are the terms and conditions of this promotion:
- Applicable Buy Points purchases made through Points.com between 14th July and midnight GMT 14th August 2021 inclusive will be eligible to receive bonus points. When you buy 5,000-24,000 points you will earn 20% bonus points, 25,000-69,000 = 30% bonus, 70,000 – 99,000 = 50% bonus, 100,000 – 150,000 = 70% bonus. The bonus points will be credited at the point of purchase and will appear on the members’ account within 24 hours.
- A member can purchase a total of 100,000 points each calendar year, in increments of 1,000 points. Between 14th July and midnight GMT 14th August 2021, the limit has been reset and increased to 150,000. A member can purchase a total of 150,000 points each, in increments of 1,000 points. Members who have bought points since January 2021 will be able to buy up to 150,000 points within the campaign period.
- Members will have the right to cancel any purchases of points for up to 14 days after the date of purchase provided that none of the purchased points have been redeemed. If any of the purchased points have been redeemed then members will not be entitled to a refund for any of the purchased points including those that have not been redeemed. Once the 14 day cooling off period has expired any points purchased and received by members are non-refundable and non-transferable, except as expressly permitted by the terms and conditions of Flying Club.
- Every purchase comes with a one-off £15 / $25 transaction fee. You can purchase points in increments of 1,000. It costs £15/$27 for every 1,000 base points you purchase. For example, if you buy 1,000 base points you’ll pay £30/$52, if you buy 5,000 base points you’ll pay £90/$160 and if you buy 10,000 base points you’ll pay £165/$295.
- If you’re planning to put your points towards a specific reward, remember to check reward availability first. Buy Points Terms and Conditions apply, and can be found on Virgin Atlantic website: https://www.virginatlantic.com/global/en/footer/terms-and-conditions/flying-club-earning-and-purchasing-miles.html