Air Canada and Gulf Air have signed a frequent flier partnership that allows Aeroplan and Falconflyer members to earn and redeem miles on each other’s flights.
Gulf Air was the original “flag carrier” of Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates before they all launched their own airlines.
Gulf Air route map:
Air Canada Aeroplan earning & redeeming on Gulf Air
Earning Aeroplan points with Gulf Air
- Earn points when you purchase an eligible booking class and travel on flights operated by Gulf Air. Some exceptions may apply.
- Miles flown on Gulf Air flights do not count as Status Qualifying Miles for Aeroplan Elite Status.
- Always keep your ticket and boarding pass until the points have been credited to your account. If the points for a recent flight have not been credited, you can request the missing points up to 6 months from the flight date.
- Points are earned based on actual miles flown multiplied by the associated booking class accumulation percentage or the minimum points rule.
- For additional information, please refer to the Terms and Conditions.
Minimum points earned
- For distances flown up to 249 miles, Aeroplan Elite Status Members earn a minimum of 250 Aeroplan points and SQM multiplied by the % of miles flown as indicated for eligible booking classes.
- For example, a booking class which earns 100% of miles flown will earn 250 points, whereas a booking class which earns 50% of miles flown will earn 125 points.
- Aeroplan Members who do not hold Elite Status will earn points based on the actual distance flown and the booking class purchased.
Gulf Air Falconflyer earning & redeeming on Air Canada
Earning Miles on Air Canada, Terms Conditions:
Always quote your eight digit of Falconflyer membership number at the time of reservation and present your Falconflyer valid membership card/digital card image when you travel on Air Canada to ensure your miles are credited to your account
Codeshare flights marketed either by Gulf Air/Air Canada and operated by a third party carrier will not be eligible for miles accrual
Family scheme, loyalty points and tier bonuses are not applicable on Air Canada flights for Falconflyer members
Airport benefits are not available to members flying on Air Canada and vice versa. No lounge access or excess baggage allowance
Remember to keep your tickets and boarding passes in case you need to make a retroactive claim for missing miles
Flights taken on or after 24th August 2021 are eligible for miles accrual, flights before this date are not eligible for retro claims
Falconflyer programme rules will apply
Redeeming Miles on Air Canada:
Redemption on Air Canada will be available to Falconflyers early 2022.
Air Canada’s Aeroplan is undoubtedly becoming an exciting program with many partners outside of the Star Alliance. The only downside is that flights on these non-alliance partners are not elite qualifying, and you only earn award miles.
It does help, however, help Aeroplan members who wish to travel around the Gulf or between Europe and Gulf Air’s destinations in Asia.