England has officially announced the changes that will take effect at 4 AM on Monday, August 30, 2021.
Seven countries will move from Amber to Green, including Canada and Finland, while Montenegro and Thailand will become Red requiring 10-night hotel quarantine upon return.
You can access England’s page for Green, Amber, and Red lists here.
The tests must meet the following requirements:
The test must meet performance standards of ≥97% specificity, ≥80% sensitivity at viral loads above 100,000 copies/ml.
This could include tests such as:
a PCR test
a LAMP test
an antigen test, such as an LFD (lateral flow device) test
Green, Amber & Red Entry Requirements
- Fully vaccinated and non-vaccinated can visit without quarantine. However, Pre-departure and day two tests are required.
- Fully vaccinated and unvaccinated can visit. Pre-departure and test (vaccinated) and two tests (non-vaccinated) upon return required. Unvaccinated need to self isolate for 10 days.
- Quarantine is required in specific hotels at £2,285 per adult for 10 days. Pre-departure and two tests after arrival are required.
Here’s the update:
Countries affected moving to the green list (currently amber)
- The Azores (Portugal)
Countries affected moving to the red list (currently amber)
The following countries are in danger of moving from Green to Amber
- Antarctica/British Antarctic Territory
- Antigua and Barbuda
- British Indian Ocean Territory
- Cayman Islands
- Israel and Jerusalem
- Pitcairn, Henderson, Ducie and Oeno Islands
- Turks and Caicos Islands
The most significant news time this is the moving of Thailand from Amber to Red and not removing Turkey from the Red list.