British Airways launched in May double tier points offer for Holiday Package bookings ex-UK that it has now extended with a change.
Executive Club members’ outbound travel must occur between June 9 – March 31, 2022, and the booking must be a minimum of five nights.
You can access this offer on BA’s website here.
Note that this does not apply to pure flight bookings but must include a car or hotel component. The offer applies to existing bookings and is also eligible on British Airways codeshares operated by partners. You must make the booking by March 22.
1. There booking must be a minimum of 5 nights
2. The car or hotel or both components must be for the duration of the trip
And if you book a hotel as part of the Holiday package, it is not eligible for hotel loyalty program points or elite benefits.
For departures before August 24, 2021, this offer was only available for a minimum of two passengers. Now it is also valid for singles.
Many use British Airways Holidays essentially as a cheap “hold” option as you don’t need to pay the “package” a the time of booking, but relatively close to the departure. In addition, you merely forfeit the small deposit if you decide not to complete the purchase.
Also, the reservation qualifies as a Holiday Booking as long as you couple the flight with at least a one-night hotel stay or book a car for a day. Sometimes BA flights can be cheaper if bought as part of a package, and nobody forces you to use the other package component (hotel or car).
This latest BA promotion only applies to genuine Holiday booking as you need to have a hotel or car for the duration of the trip.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- This promotion is only open to Eligible Participants. An Eligible Participant is a person who has a British Airways Executive Club membership and who books and travels on a Qualifying Booking (see definition below). British Airways Holidays reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Eligible Participants. By taking part in this promotion, Eligible Participants confirm that they unconditionally accept the Terms and Conditions set out below.
- A “Qualifying Booking” is a British Airways Holidays booking that meets all of the following criteria:
a. The booking must be for a British Airways Holidays Flights + Hotel or Flights + Car or Flights + Hotel + Car package booking originating in the UK only and the hotel or car element of the booking must be booked for the duration of the trip.
b. British Airways flights including codeshares and British Airways marketed and/or operated flights only.
c. The booking must be made before 22 March 2022.
d. Travel is for outbound departures between 9 June 2021 and 31 March 2022 inclusive (final outbound departure date is 31 March 2022).
e. The booking must be for a stay of 5 nights or more; and.
f. For departures prior to 24 August 2021, the booking must be for a minimum of 2 passengers. From 24 August 2021, there is no minimum number of passengers required.
g. The participant must register their Executive Club number against their booking prior to travel.
- For the avoidance of doubt this offer does not apply to any British Airways flight only bookings made without a hotel or car or where the hotel or car is added to a booking in a separate transaction.
- This promotion enables Eligible Participants to receive double Tier Points for return flights which are part of a Qualifying Booking.
- Standard Tier Points for the flight element will be awarded in line with regular awarding timelines after completion of the return flight which is part of a Qualifying Booking. The initial transaction will be updated when the Bonus Tier Points are added to the standard Tier Points, within one month of the return flight which is part of a Qualifying Booking.
- The bonus Tier Points covered by this promotion are non-transferable and there is no cash or credit alternative.
- Eligible Participants who change their travel arrangements after the date of booking will not be eligible for the promotion unless their revised booking also qualifies under the Terms and Conditions of this promotion.
- All holiday packages are offered subject to availability.
- British Airways Holidays booking Terms and Conditions apply. All travel on British Airways flights is subject to British Airways General Conditions of Carriage and its Notice and Conditions of Contract as stated on each ticket or itinerary as provided. Passengers travelling on flights operated by another carrier will be subject to the conditions of carriage of that carrier.
- British Airways Holidays reserves the right to cancel or amend without notice the terms of this promotion at any time and for any reason.
- Information is correct on 23 August 2021.
- British Airways Holidays is in no way liable for the reproduction or indirect access via any third-party website or home page access which reproduction misstates or omits any of the information or Terms and Conditions of this promotion.
- Promotional materials form part of these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions shall prevail if there is any conflict between these and the promotional materials.
- This promotion will be governed by English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.