Air Canada has launched bonus miles offer on cross-border flights between the United States and Canada.
Aeroplan members can earn up to a 150% bonus through April 30, 2022, if you first register and then book by September 13.
You can access ad register for this offer on Air Canada’s website here.
Note that you won’t earn bonus miles on travel December 17, 2021 – January 3, 2022.
Fare classes eligible for the bonus:
- Economy Standard
- Economy Flex
- Economy Comfort
- Economy Latitude
- Premium Economy Lowest
- Premium Economy Flexible
- Premium Rouge
- Business Class Lowest
- Business Class Flexible
Looking at the fare class names above, it appears that the lowest economy fares are excluded from this bonus offer.
It is interesting to see how airlines will do the most challenging quarters of the year when the business travel is traditionally weak.
Air Canada’s terms and conditions of this bonus miles offer:
- The following definitions apply for the purposes of the Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) of the S. Adventures Await, up to 150% bonus Aeroplan points promotional offer:
- “Aeroplan Member” means a member of the Aeroplan program.
- 1“Eligible Fare” means those fares that are exclusively eligible for this Offer, being: Economy Standard, Economy Flex, Economy Comfort, Economy Latitude, Premium Economy Lowest, Premium Economy Flexible, Premium Rouge, Business Class Lowest and Business Class Flexible.
- “Eligible Scheduled Flights” means a round trip flight on an Eligible Fare, operated by Air Canada ®, Air Canada Rouge® and under the Air Canada Express® brand to any U.S. destination.
- “Offer” means this S. Adventures Await, up to 150% bonus Aeroplan points promotional offer.
- “Offer Period” means August 30, 2021, starting at 00:01 NST through to September 13, 2021, inclusively, ending at 23:59 PST. Offer is only valid on departures from Canada.
- “Travel Period” means August 30, 2021, starting at 00:01 NST through to April 30, 2022, inclusively, ending at 23:59 PST. Blackout dates: December 17, 2021 – January 3, 2022.
- In order to participate in the Offer, you must be an Aeroplan Member. If you are not an Aeroplan Member, you can visit the Aeroplan web site and Membership is free.
- If an Aeroplan Member receives the Offer by e-mail, the Offer is non-transferable. Should an Aeroplan Member wish to participate in the Offer, the Aeroplan Member must register for the Offer during the Offer Period by clicking on the “One-click registration” tab or the “Register for this offer” tab in the Offer e-mail received by the Aeroplan Member. Offer is not redeemable for cash.
- Aeroplan Members can also register for the Offer by clicking on the Offer banner displayed on aircanada.com and following the instructions for registration.
- 100% bonus Aeroplan points will be awarded for the purchase of the following Eligible Fares on a round-trip flight: Economy Standard, Economy Flex, Economy Comfort, Economy Latitude.
- 150% bonus Aeroplan points will be awarded for the purchase of the following Eligible Fares on a round-trip flight: Premium Economy Lowest, Premium Economy Flexible, Premium Rouge; Business Class Lowest; and Business Class Flexible.
- Bonus Aeroplan points will be calculated per segment flown on Eligible Scheduled Flights during the Travel Period. Bonus Aeroplan points will be calculated in accordance with the eligible basic Aeroplan points accrual rules. For more information regarding basic earning of Aeroplan points, please click here https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/aeroplan/earn/air-canada.html.
- For flight segments not wholly travelled within the same fare option, Aeroplan Members will earn a combination of the purchased fare option offers.
- Eligible Fares must be purchased during the Offer Period on Eligible Scheduled Flights for travel during the Travel Period. Due to travel restrictions, government recommendations and passenger demand resulting from the impact of COVID-19, Eligible Scheduled Flights available for booking during the Offer Period for travel during the Travel Period may vary and are subject to change at any time without notice.
- Eligible Scheduled Flights must be the subject of a new booking, created for the first time during the Offer Period, with a new booking reference number. Any booking made prior to the start of the Offer Period that is subsequently changed to include travel dates within the Travel Period will not be considered a new booking that is eligible for the Offer.
- This Offer cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion.
- To be eligible to receive the bonus Aeroplan points, an Aeroplan Member must provide their Aeroplan number at time of purchase of an Eligible Fare.
- Bonus Aeroplan points are not Status Qualifying Miles and do not count towards Aeroplan EliteTM
- Bonus Aeroplan points will be credited up to six weeks after the Eligible Scheduled Flights have been flown.
- Upgraded flight segments (eUpgrades, Last minute paid upgrades, Star Alliance Upgrade Awards, etc.) will be tracked for this Offer based on the eligibility of the original Eligible Fare purchased.
- Aeroplan flight rewards are not eligible for points accumulation and therefore not eligible for this Offer. Offer can be withdrawn at any time and is subject to change at Aeroplan’s sole discretion without notice; other conditions and restrictions may apply.