Southwest Airlines has launched another bonus offer and offers a promotional Companion Pass for travel January 6 – February 28, 2022.
Rapid Rewards members must register for this offer and then fly a return or two one-way flights By November 18. You must book eligible travel September 7 – 9.
You can access this offer on Southwest’s website here.
Note that only flights booked after registering for this offer and September 9, 2021, count.
Companion Pass allows you to bring another person with you by only paying the actual flight taxes.
Southwest has had similar offers previously, and both the booking window and the Companion Pass validity windows are relatively short, making it more challenging to benefit from this offer.
Here are frequently asked questions:
What is a Southwest Promotional Companion Pass?
A Promotional Companion Pass earned through this offer is valid from January 6 to February 28, 2022. Promotional Companion Pass allows you to designate one person to fly with you, free of airline charges (does not include taxes and fees from $5.60 one-way), on flights purchased and flown from January 6 to February 28, 2022.
What will happen after a Member meets the requirements to earn Promotional Companion Pass through this offer?
Once you are qualified for Promotional Companion Pass, meaning you registered, booked and traveled on a qualifying flight during the applicable dates specified in promotion terms and conditions, you will receive an email from Southwest that includes information on next steps and how to designate and utilize the Promotional Companion Pass. Marketing intends to send this email to all qualifying Members within 10 days after the second flight is completed.
When can qualifying Members designate their Companion after earning a Promotional Companion Pass through this offer?
You can designate a Companion after the Promotional Companion Pass has been awarded to your account (January 6, 2022).
How can a qualifying Member designate their initial Companion and make changes to their Companion?
After the Promotional Companion Pass has been awarded to your account (January 6, 2022), you can designate your initial Companion within My Account on southwest.com or by calling Southwest at 1-800-435-9792. To change your Companion, you must call 1-800-435-9792
If I book a reservation prior to January 6, 2022 for travel between January 6 and February 28, 2022, when can I book my Companion’s reservation?
Once your Promotional Companion Pass has been awarded to your account (January 6, 2022), you can book your Companion’s reservation (subject to flight capacity and availability at the time of booking the Promotional Companion Pass).
How many times can I change my designated Companion?
You may change you designated Companion up to three times during the Promotional Companion Pass period. If you achieve Companion Pass in 2022 by earning 125,000 Companion Pass qualifying points or flying 100 qualifying flights, any changes to the designated Companion during the time you have the Promotional Companion Pass will reduce the number of changes you can make to your designated Companion in the 2022 calendar year. For example, if you earned a promotional Companion Pass through this promotion, changed your designated Companion twice during the validity period for Promotional Companion Pass, and then later in 2022 earned a Companion Pass, you would only be able to change you designated Companion one more time in 2022.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- Member must register for this promotion, purchase one round trip or two one-way revenue flights between September 7, 2021 and September 9, 2021 for travel that must be completed between September 7, 2021 and November 18, 2021
- Registration must be completed prior to booking and commencement of travel
- A qualifying one-way flight for this promotion is a one-way revenue flight on Southwest Airlines® from an origin city to a destination city, including any intermediate stops and/or connections on Southwest Airlines. A qualifying round trip flight for this promotion is a round trip revenue flight on Southwest Airlines from an origin city to a destination city and back to the originating airport or carrier-recognized co-terminal.
- This includes domestic and international revenue flights booked in any fare family (Wanna Get Away®, Anytime, or Business Select®)
- The Member’s Rapid Rewards account number must be entered at the time of booking the Member’s qualifying flight
- Charter flights, group travel, Southwest Vacations® packages, and reservations made using Rapid Rewards points do not qualify for this promotion
- Changes made to the itinerary after purchase may eliminate qualification for promotion