U.S. Travel Association, whose mission is to promote travel within and to the United States, has traditionally run a promotion yearly called Daily Getaways from the late 2000s but took the entire 2020 off due to the ongoing pandemic.
Daily Getaways has allowed the public to purchase points, gift cards, hotel stays, and park tickets at a discounted price for five weeks in the spring, but they will return in October this year, and the preview should be available in 11 days.
You can access Daily Getaways here.
U.S. Travel Association now has a page that the 2021 Daily Getaways will begin in three weeks on October 7, 2021. The preview should become available on September 27.
Daily Getaways offers in 2019:
- U.S. Travel Association Daily Getaways 2019 Week 1: IHG Rewards Club & Wyndham Rewards
- U.S. Travel Association Daily Getaways 2019 Week 2: Choice Privileges
- U.S. Travel Association Daily Getaways 2019 Week 3: Best Western Rewards & Orbitz
- U.S. Travel Association Daily Getaways 2019 Week 4: Hertz, Marriott & Fairmont
- U.S. Travel Association Daily Getaways 2019 Week 5: World Of Hyatt & Hilton Honors
Daily Getaways have traditionally offered members to buy Hilton Honors, Best Western Rewards, Choice Privileges, World of Hyatt, IHG Rewards points, Marriott Bonvoy, and other gift cards at a discount.
The deals were excellent in the early 2010s but only passable lately. Perhaps it would make sense for the U.S. Travel Association to either reinvent the program?