Aegean this week extended the lowered tier miles campaign that was ending this month through May 31, 2022 (read more here).
There is another promotion that Miles+Bonus members can use to retain or reach a higher tier. They can now buy more elite qualifying miles than previously and at 25% off until May 2022.
You can access Aegean’s page for this offer here.
You can usually 1,000, 2,000, or 3,000 Miles+Bonus tier miles based on the status you have. However, Aegean has now added 2,000 miles for each, allowing Gold members wishing to extend their tier to buy up to 5,000 (remember that renewal is just 9,000 if you have four Aegean segments).
Here’s what you can buy under this offer:
- Blue members can purchase up until 3,000 tier miles (1,000 + 2,000) every 12 months, starting from the date of registration in Miles+Bonus.
- Silver members can purchase up until 4,000 tier miles (2,000 + 2,000) within their membership year (the twelve consecutive months’ period from the last tier upgrade/retain)
- Gold members can purchase up until 5,000 miles (3,000 + 2,000) within their membership year (the twelve consecutive months’ period from the last tier upgrade/retain)
The price of a tier mile is 7.5 euro cents each.
I would not rush to but the Tier miles unless you are a Silver member who could make it to Gold with their help. As they have done on a rolling basis, I would assume that Aegean continues to extend the tiers of Silver and Gold members whose status is about to expire.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- The offer is valid for tier miles purchases up until 31.05.2022.
- Purchase of tier miles cannot be canceled after completion, thus the transaction value is non-refundable.