Megatix has teamed up with several hotel chains and other companies to sell gift certificates with variable bonuses (usually minimum 50%) or stay certificates with bundled benefits/extras.
The hotel-specific Marriott certificates were set to expire at the end of September, but Megatix and hotels have extended this offer through December 15, 2021.
You can access the Megatix page for Marriott certs here.
READ MORE: Marriott Bonvoy Rate & Bonus Points Offers
Things to note:
- You have to pay attention to which rates you can use certificates towards. Some hotels only apply them to the best flexible rates (even best flexible member rates excluded).
- When applying them towards food and beverage expenses, you cannot combine them with the member F&B or Club Marriott or other discounts.
- Some hotels only award points based on the voucher purchase price and not the rate that you booked.
- There can be exclusions on dates when you can use them (dates around the holidays excluded).
Marriott Marquis voucher rules:
– This gift voucher can be redeemed for accommodation (Not applicable for Member Rate or Member Flexible Rate. Applicable for selected room rates only, please refer to “rate details” of each promotion to check eligibility.), spa treatments, food and beverage in any of our on-site restaurants and bars including in-room dining except transportation, limousine, excursion and activities.
– Vouchers are pre-paid at time of booking, and are non-refundable.
– Credits need to be used during one stay and cannot be carried forward for future use or redeemable as cash.
– Any spend exceeds the amount of the gift certificate, the balance must be paid upon check out either in cash, by credit card or other available payment method.
– Credits cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or discounts, vouchers and special events (e.g Christmas, New Year, Valentines day etc)
– Credits will be applied to the guest folio at the time of check-out or bill settlement.
– Credits are not transferable, cannot be exchanged for cash and are void after check-out.
– Credits are not applicable for group bookings (10 or more rooms)
– Credits are not applicable for catering spend (wedding, meeting)
– Marriott Bonvoy members are able to earn points based on the purchase price of the vouchers, rather than the redemption value. Also, vouchers cannot be redeemed for discounted products or services through Marriott Bonvoy, Club Marriott or any other promotions
Marriott Marquis rate comparison:
– Package Rate for five nights (you cannot use Megatix voucher) 6,826 THB.
– Best Flexible Rate for five nights (you can use Megatix voucher) 10,356 = 6,904 THB if you purchase the voucher at a 50% bonus.
Megatix vouchers at a 50% bonus make absolutely no sense.
Note that some of these don’t even currently accepts guests outside of mandatory quarantine. These are never OFF but rather with BONUS.
These Megatix “deals,” if you can call them such anymore, were good when they were first launched last year, and you could apply them towards most rates.
Now, the rates must mostly be the best flexible types, and there are discounted rates that offer better value for the consumer, and you don’t need to have the extra step of buying vouchers and redeeming them at the hotels.
The hotels pay a 15% commission to Megatix for handling these sales on their behalf.