Etihad has launched a conversion offer from Marriott valid for points transferred between October 1 – 31, 2021.
Etihad Guest will bonus Marriott Bonvoy points to miles conversions by 50% during the campaign. The conversion table on Etihad’s website is incorrect, however.
Etihad’s table for Marriott points to miles conversions:
Not sure why Etihad has this incorrect table up on its website?
The points are converted to miles at 3:1 ratio and Marriott gives an extra 5,000 miles for conversions of 60,000 points (20,000 base + 5,000 bonus miles = 25,000 miles). You should always convert in the lots of 60,000 points to miles to maximize this.
You will earn 25,000 Etihad Guest miles before the additional bonus when converting 60,000 points, but the table above indicates that you would only earn 17,500 miles when converting 70,000 points. Quite a difference.
Guest members should earn 37,500 miles if they convert 60,000 Bonvoy points when following the correct table on Marriott’s website and Etihad’s 50% additional bonus.
This offer can make sense for those that need some Etihad Guest miles for an award reservation, preferably with one of the partner airlines.
Here are the terms of this offer:
- The offer is valid for all Points to Miles conversions made between 01 October 2021 (00.00am) and 31 October 2021 (23.59pm) both days inclusive.
- Partners included points transfer partners: Marriott Bonvoy, KTC Thiland, Inbursa Maxico
- Once the Miles transfer request is initiated it cannot be reversed.
- This offer is subject to the Terms & Conditions of the Etihad Guest Programme.
- A valid Etihad Guest membership number is required to successfully perform the conversion.
- The Etihad Guest member will be responsible for quoting the correct Etihad Guest membership number to the participating conversion partners for the conversion activity.
- Terms and conditions governing the existing points transfer partners will apply.
- The promotion is applicable for any member who transfer’s their points from a qualifying Partner loyalty programs to Etihad Guest Miles. The eligibility of the bonus miles for a specific member will be done based on the validity of the promotion and the date of conversion provided by the partner for that respective member.
- Base Etihad Guest Miles transferred by the member will be awarded as per the applicable conversion ratios of each respective partner.
- Bonus Etihad Guest Miles earned during this promotion will reflect in the member’s Etihad Guest membership account within 10 working days of the end date of the promotion.
- This offer construct is governed by the transfer ratios and minimum thresholds applicable for these respective partners.
- Bonus Etihad Guest Miles will not be calculated on a retroactive basis under any circumstances i.e. credit card/ hotel reward points transferred to Etihad Guest Miles and posted into the membership account during the promotion period but for which the transfer request was placed outside the promotion period will not qualify for the bonus miles promotion.
- Etihad Guest reserves the right to withdraw or cancel the promotion or modify or alter the terms and conditions of such promotion at any time.
- Participation under this promotion is purely voluntary for the members.
- The decision of Etihad Guest will be final and binding under this promotion and no disputes will be entertained in this regard.
- This offer cannot be clubbed with any other transfer offer.