Marriott Bonvoy has opened yet another points purchase promotion offering up to 55% bonus (depending on status) through October 14, 2021 when members buy additional points.
This campaign is part of the World of Wonders week that John wrote about yesterday throughout which Marriott offers a range of different promotions from discounts to bonus points.
Marriott is selling points on an almost constant basis for the last year or so. The sales are usually renewed in the one or other form on a monthly basis but of course purchasing points doesn’t always make sense in terms of redemption opportunity.
You can access this offer on Marriott’s website here.
Discover the Wonder of More and fast-track your travel plans with a 55% bonus on purchases of 2,000 or more points during Week of Wonders.
Get your 55% bonus when you buy or gift 2,000 or more points October 7-14, 2021. You can purchase up to 100,000 points — that’s double the previous annual limit. Points that have been already purchased or received as a gift in 2021 are included in the 100,000 points purchase limit, but the 55% bonus points earned with this promotion don’t count toward the limit.
Note that a member’s account that receives the points must have been open for a minimum of 30 days in order to be able to purchase points.
Here is the price with 55% bonus (incl the 5% extra for Elite members):
The cost of a point purchased at a 45% bonus is 0.81 cents each and there is only a small minimum of 2000 points required to get the full bonus.
Buying Marriott points only makes sense if you can redeem for a fifth-night free award at a costly property, or the paid rates are throughout the roof, and award availability exists. Always compare revenue rates in advance and maybe also consider redeeming a Travel Package.
Marriott Bonvoy has sold points at a slightly lower price (60% bonus), and such an offer will probably resurface later in the year, usually around Thanksgiving.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- Marriott Bonvoy Elite members are eligible for the 55% bonus Points purchase offer with a minimum purchase of 2,000 Points on transactions completed between 6:00 p.m. EDT October 6, 2021, and 11:59 p.m. EDT October 14, 2021.
- This offer is valid only for Points purchased through the promotion’s Buy Points or Gift Points pages.
- Purchased Points do not count toward Marriott Bonvoy® Elite status.
- Members may purchase or receive Points purchased by another Member as a gift for a combined maximum of 100,000 Points.
- Points that have been already purchased or received as a gift in 2021 are included in the 100,000 Points purchase limit. The 55% bonus Points earned with this promotion are not included in the 100,000 Points annual purchase limit.
- Points may be purchased in increments of 1,000, up to 50,000 Points (with a minimum purchase of 2,000 Points required for promotion eligibility), or in increments of 5,000, up to 100,000 Points.
- Points can be purchased at a rate of US$12.50 per 1,000 points (US$62.50 per 5,000 Points) with a minimum purchase of 2,000 Points.
- Points purchases will be processed within 72 hours after the purchase is complete.
- A Member must be an Active member in good standing to purchase and/or receive Points.
- New Members may purchase Points thirty (30) days after enrollment in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Once Points have been purchased or gifted, no refunds will be permitted.
- Purchasing Points using a Marriott Bonvoy cobrand credit card will earn Points as an everyday purchase.
- Members who elect to purchase Marriott Bonvoy points using their Union Pay single-logo credit cards (with card number starting with digits 62) can do so by choosing Discover as their payment option.
- This is an exclusive, non-transferable offer for the intended recipient only and may not be forwarded.