Finnair is about to start direct flights from Stockholm to Bangkok, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, and Phuket for the winter season and is now offering a status match opportunity for members in Sweden until November 2.
Existing or new Finnair Plus members are eligible for a match if their account address is in Sweden and hold status with a non-Oneworld airline. They also must purchase one of the long-haul flights from Sweden with a travel date on or before March 31, 2022.
You can access this offer on Finnair’s website here.
The status match is processed in two weeks and, if the member later cancels the Finnair flight, the status is revoked. The match’s status is valid for a year from the date it is processed.
Finnair Plus matches under this offer to Silver, Gold, or Platinum. Lumo is excluded.
Here’s what you need to do:
Sign up for the Finnair Plus membership if you’re not yet a member. It’s free and easy to join!
Book flights on our new direct routes from Stockholm to Bangkok, Phuket, Miami, Los Angeles or New York.
Send an email to email@example.com including:
- email subject: Status match
- your first and last name
- your contact details: email and phone number
- a photograph of your valid frequent flyer card as an attachment
- your Finnair Plus membership number
- booking reference number of your Finnair flight.
Once you send us an email, we will review your application within 2 weeks . You will get a greetings email for your new Finnair Plus tier if your application is accepted successfully. If your application does not match the terms, we will let you know via email.
Finnair Plus Oneworld Status Mapping
Silver maps to Oneworld Ruby, Gold to Oneworld Sapphire, and Platinum & Lumo to Oneworld Emerald.
Finnair Plus Elite Tier Benefits:
Finnair is trying to get SAS frequent fliers to switch from Eurobonus by offering to match the status, although it is open for other program members.
For quite some time, SAS had an affiliate in Finland called Blue1 that was also a Star Alliance member airline. SAS eventually pulled the plug and stopped funding this money-losing operation.
Let’s see for how long Finnair operated these direct flights from Sweden and if they all will even take off.
Terms and conditions of this offer:
- Tier matching application period: until 2 November 2021
- Travel period: until 31 March 2022.
- You can only be matched to Finnair Plus Silver, Gold, and Platinum tiers. Lumo status will not be given in this campaign.
- You must have a valid booking for a direct Finnair flight from Stockholm to Bangkok, Phuket, Miami, Los Angeles, or New York.
- one world frequent flyer programs are excluded from the tier matching campaign.
- Flights bought with Finnair Plus award points are excluded from this offer.
- Your home country – as recorded in your Finnair Plus member details – must be Sweden.
- You must be a Finnair Plus member (you can also join Finnair Plus to be eligible for this campaign).
- Finnair Plus tier status is valid for a year.
- If you are already a member, your current Finnair Plus tier will be zeroed and a new tracking period will start.
- Standard requalification rules apply to renew the status after the tier tracking period ends.
- In case of booking cancellation, the tier match will be removed.