The “new” Italian airline ITA that started its operations on Friday and will soon take the name of Alitalia after buying the brand and the website for 90 million euros has now launched its Volare frequent flier program.
Volare members can earn 10,000 bonus points by joining the program by November 15, 2021, and taking a return trip or two one-way flights by December 31, 2021. Volare has also launched a status match campaign from select frequent flier programs, including MilleMiglia, valid until November 30.
Note that it appears that the English versions of the ITA’s Volare pages are not working. Choose the Italian version instead.
Match Instructions From ITA:
HOW TO REQUEST A COMBINATION OF STATUS?
Request the status combination and access one of our exclusive Clubs in two simple steps:
1) If you are not already registered, sign up for the new program To fly
2) Send an email to email@example.com with the following characteristics:
to. Subject of the email: “program of origin” – “status of origin”
b. Text of the email: Name; Last name; “program of origin”; “status of origin”
c. Attach a legible copy of your current valid Frequent Flyer program card (digital or physical) and a copy of your ID card 1 ( pdf, jpg format)
Your membership matching application will be reviewed and an email will be sent to you to confirm if your status has been recognized by 12/31/2021.
1 The data on the identity card will not be processed but will be used exclusively to verify that the name and surname shown on it match those on the loyalty card.
- Aeroflot – Aeroflot Bonus
- Aerolíneas Argentinas – Aerolíneas Plus
- Air Europa – Suma
- Alitalia – Millemiglia
- Air France/KLM – Flying Blu
- American Airlines – Aadvantage
- ANA – Mileage club
- British Airways – Executive Club
- Czech Airlines – OK Plus
- Delta Airlines – SkyMiles
- Emirates – Skywards
- Iberia – Iberia Plus
- Korean Air – SKYPASS
- Lufthansa – Miles and More
- Middle East Airlines – Cedar Miles
- Qatar Airlines – Privilege Club
- Royal Jordanian – Royal Club
- Saudia – Alfursan
- Singapore Airlines – KrisFlyer
- Swiss Air – Miles & More
- TAP – Miles & Go
- Tarom – Sky Team
- Turkish Airways – Miles & Smile
- United Airlines – Mileage plus
Volare Tier Benefits
Smart level :
- access by registering for the Program and accumulating Points for each expense relating to goods / services offered by ITA;
- access to a wide network of commercial partnerships for the accreditation and use of Points, as communicated from time to time pursuant to the previous article 5;
- purchase of ancillary services through Points.
Plus Level :
- benefits of the Smart level ;
- priority waiting list;
- free ancillary services;
- dedicated customer service;
- check-in business.
Premium Level :
- benefits of the Plus level ;
- lounge access ;
- 24/7 dedicated customer service;
- priority boarding;
- dedicated on-board welcome;
- benefits of the Premium level ;
- golf equipment included;
- lounge access + guests;
- dedicated assistance 24/7;
- free food and drink;
- invitations to exclusive events;
- dedicated reception.
It is still unclear what happens with the old Alitalia’s MilleMiglia. One of the conditions that the EU approved Italy’s 1.3B investment into ITA was that the new airline could not buy the old airline’s frequent flyer program. It can, however, acquire it from the unrelated party that first purchases it from the liquidation administrator.
The ITA’s page of Valero is very light on information beyond that the program is revenue-based (you earn points based on the Euros spent), but the T&Cs reveal the benefits of each level. Unfortunately, it is unclear what level of spent is required to reach and retain each.
This Alitalia to ITA back to Alitalia is very messy and challenging to see what benefits this Volare match could offer beyond possible other matches in the future. I was briefly an elite member at Alitalia’s MilleMiglia due to a similar offer in the past.
I decided to go with Air France – KLM Flying Blue due to better stability and the ability to burn miles by booking award tickets online with all partner airlines. I also have miles with Delta SkyMiles that come in handy at times.