Marriott Bonvoy has launched a new sale to buy and gift points with a bonus and payment discount through December 8, 2021.
Members can buy points with a 45% bonus and get a 10% payment discount if they settle the purchase using a UnionPay card.
You can access this offer on Marriott’s website here.
Note that a member’s account that receives the points must have been open a minimum of 90 days OR 30 if there has been any qualifying activity.
Here’s the price at a 45% bonus:
The cost of a point purchased at a 45% bonus is 0.86 cents each.
Things to note:
A member must be an active member in good standing to purchase and/or receive Marriott Bonvoy points.
Points may be purchased in increments of 1,000 up to 50,000 or in increments of 5,000 up to 100,000.
Members may purchase up to 100,000 points each calendar year (with a minimum purchase of 2,000 points required for promotion eligibility).
Bonus points are not included in the annual maximum purchase amount.
Purchased points do not count towards Marriott Bonvoy Elite Status.
Points purchased will be processed into the member’s Marriott Bonvoy account within 72 hours after the transaction is complete.
To purchase points, please go here: https://www.marriott.
You may gift points to another Marriott Bonvoy account and the recipient of the gift transaction will receive the base and bonus points. To purchase points for a gift, please go here: https://www.marriott.
Members globally who purchase points with a China UnionPay credit card (starting with digits 62) can get a 10% discount on purchases of 2,000+ Marriott Bonvoy™ points.
Remember that Marriott moves to dynamically priced hotel awards in 2022:
Buying Marriott points only makes sense if you can redeem for a fifth-night free award at a costly property, or the paid rates are throughout the roof, and award availability exists. The fair value of Marriott Bonvoy points is somewhere between 0.4 to 0.6 cents each that is a likely range that is used towards award pricing in 2022.
Marriott Bonvoy has sold points at a lower price (60% bonus) previously.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- Transactions must be completed between 9:00 a.m. EDT November 4, 2021, and 11:59 p.m. EDT December 8, 2021, to be eligible for the 45% bonus Points purchase offer with a minimum purchase of 2,000 Points.
- This offer is valid only for Points purchased through the promotion’s Buy Points or Gift Points pages or while booking a hotel stay through the reservation path on Marriott.com.
- Purchased Points do not count toward Marriott BonvoyTM Elite status.
- Members may purchase Points or receive Points purchased by another Member as a gift for a maximum of 100,000 Points through promotion’s Buy Points or Gift Points pages. Members may purchase an additional 100,000 Points while booking a hotel stay through the reservation path on Marriott.com for a combined maximum of 200,000 Points annually.
- Points that have been already purchased or received as a gift in 2021 are included in the 100,000 Points purchase limit. The 45% bonus Points earned with this promotion are not included in the 100,000 Points annual purchase limit.
- Points may be purchased in increments of 1,000, up to 50,000 Points (with a minimum purchase of 2,000 Points required for promotion eligibility), or in increments of 5,000, up to 100,000 Points.
- Points can be purchased at a rate of US$12.50 per 1,000 points (US$62.50 per 5,000 Points) with a minimum purchase of 2,000 Points.
- Points purchases will be processed within 72 hours after the purchase is complete.
- A Member must be an Active member in good standing to purchase and/or receive Points.
- New Members may purchase Points thirty (30) days after enrollment in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Once Points have been purchased or gifted, no refunds will be permitted.
- Purchasing Points using a Marriott Bonvoy cobrand credit card will earn Points as an everyday purchase.
- This is an exclusive, non-transferable offer for the intended recipient only and may not be forwarded.
- For Members purchasing Points using a foreign currency, Points are sold in US Dollars (US$). Points can be redeemed globally for stays at hotels which participate in Marriott Bonvoy, as well as with third party programs which have a business relationship with Marriott Bonvoy such as airline frequent flyer programs. Learn more about the Marriott Bonvoy program here and ways to redeem your points here. Please refer to your credit card company for foreign exchange rates. Once purchased, Purchaser’s credit card statement will reflect payment in their home currency on an itemized line displaying the Foreign Exchange rate charged by their issuing bank.
- All Marriott Bonvoy Program Rules apply and can be found at marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi.
In order to receive the 10% UnionPay discount, you must purchase 2,000 or more points with a UnionPay credit card (starting with 62).
Beginning at 9:00 a.m. EDT November 4, 2021, for a limited time, purchases of 2,000 or more Marriott Bonvoy Points made with a UnionPay credit card with card number starting with 62 are eligible for a 10% discount.
This is a limited offer subject to promotional availability on a first-come, first-served basis.
Union Pay Cardholders can receive a 10% discount (up to $62 USD per transaction) issued to your card account for eligible Points purchases charged to your UnionPay credit card.A maximum of five individual transactions with a combined total discount of $310 USD per cardholder is permitted during the promotion period.
The UnionPay 10% discount can be combined with other eligible Points Purchase promotions.
The 10% discount will be applied after a purchase is completed. If a registered UnionPay card is used, the final billed amount will reflect the 10% discount on your card statement.
Members who elect to purchase Marriott Bonvoy points using their Union Pay single-logo credit cards (with card number starting with digits 62) can do so by choosing Discover/UnionPay as their payment option.
The offer is made by a US entity for a global point program and purchase can only be made in USD out of China. Shanghai Gingerroot Hotel Management Co., Ltd. or any Marriott Chinese entity has nothing to do with the offer. UnionPay Cardholders can redeem their Marriott Bonvoy points at all hotels worldwide which participate in Marriott Bonvoy.