Aegean Miles+Bonus members can now redeem their miles towards paid fares using Miles+Cash.
Miles+Cash allows Aegean’s loyalty programs to offset part of the fare using their miles at a terrible value.
You can access Aegean here.
Note that Miles+Cash can be used when there is no Promotional Code entered during the booking process, the payment is in Euros (GBP converted to EUR), and the member has a minimum of 2,500 miles on their account. However, it cannot be used to pay for additional services such as car rentals or hotel rooms. It also won’t work with Hold My Fare.
You cannot use Miles+ Cash payment towards taxes and fees levied to the airline. Members collect the usual award and elite qualifying miles, as it would be a cash ticket.
The value of a Miles+Bonus mile used towards airfare is 0.31 euro cents each (less than one-third of a cent).
It is always good to have more options to use miles, but this is just an awful value and only makes sense if you have absolutely no other use for them.
Here are the terms and conditions of Aegean’s Miles+Cash:
Miles+Bonus members can redeem their Award Miles to purchase tickets and additional services through the Miles+Cash service:
- Members can redeem their Award Miles to purchase tickets and additional services for all AEGEAN and Olympic Air flights, provided that their ticket only includes AEGEAN / Olympic Air network flights. Mile redemption through the Miles+Cash service is not available for I, X, R, N fares, as well as for codeshare flights with other airlines.
- Miles Redemption through the Miles+Cash service is only available during the online booking process at aegeanair.com and olympicair.com or on the AEGEAN app. It is noted that the redemption of Miles through the Miles+Cash service can be completed online by the Miles+Bonus member, provided that he/she is one of the passengers of the flight.
- Members wishing to redeem Award Miles must have an active Miles+Bonus Account.
- The Miles/Euros (€) conversion rate may vary depending on various factors such as the total booking value, the inclusion or non-inclusion of additional services etc.
- It is clarified that miles redemption via Miles+Cash service is only possible if the transaction/payment is effected in Euros (€). The Miles+Cash service is not available in case of currency conversion or if alternative payment methods are used (Paypal, Sofort, EPS, Bancontact, ideal, Entercash, Alipay, Unionpay).
- In case that miles redemption via Miles+Cash service takes place in respect of a flight departing from the United Kingdom, then pounds are first converted into Euros and then Euros are converted into Miles.
- Members must have at least 2,500 Award Miles in their account in order to be able to redeem Miles through the Miles+Cash service.
- It is clarified that tmiles redemption via Miles+Cash service is applied on the fare, rather than on the total booking value, and it is not applied on taxes, airport charges, AIA (Athens International Airport) charges, insurance premiums or any additional charges or fees imposed on passengers by any Authorities or Agencies.
- It is further clarified that, when redeeming miles through the Miles+Cash service, members need to pay a minimum amount of the fare value exclusively by card, rather than through miles redemption. Such minimum amount varies depending on the number of miles to be redeemed, the booking value, the inclusion of additional services, etc.
- Miles+Bonus members using the Miles+Cash service in their booking collect the Award & Tier Miles included in their ticket, as they are defined in Chapter 11 of the Miles+Bonus section Terms and Conditions section.
- Miles+Cash service is not available, when the fare value is less than 6 euros.
- Miles+Cash service is not available during the booking management process through the “My Booking” section, after the initial booking is completed. Members, however, can still purchase additional services by redeeming miles, as per the terms of Chapter 10 of the Miles+Bonus Terms and Conditions section.
- Miles+Cash service is not available when a promotional code has been entered in the “Promotional Code and Credit Voucher” field at the beginning of the booking.
- Miles+Cash service is not available for additional services offered by third-party business partners, i.e. for car rentals, travel insurance services, car parking and SOS children’s villages donations.
- Miles+Cash service is not available if the member wishes to use the “Hold my Booking” service.
- Upgrade to Business Class through the “Aegean upgrade challenge” cannot take place by redeeming Miles through the Miles+Cash service.
- Seat upgrade is not possible through miles redemption on AEGEAN & Olympic Air flights if the initial booking was effected through the Miles+Cash service.
- Miles + Cash service is not available when tickets are issued during miles redemption process for award tickets purchases using the Miles+Bonus Program or any other associate banks reward programs.
- Miles+Cash service is not available if the member proceeds with AEGEAN Package purchase.
- Miles+Cash service is not available when redeeming the AEGEAN Pass.
- If a Miles+Bonus member redeems miles using the Miles+Cash service, payment by partial redemption through the Euros €pistrofi program is not available during the payment process.
- Ticket changes can be made through all AEGEAN and Olympic Air digital channels or by phone at 801 11 20000 (landline calls, local charge) or at (+30) 210 6261000 (mobile or international calls), on a 24/7 basis, up to 1 hour before the scheduled flight. Ticket changes are subject to additional charges, depending on the fare and seat category, as per the AEGEAN Fare Regulations. Each transaction (per ticket) through the Call Center is subject to a €20.00 charge.
- It is clarified that, in case of total or partial booking cancellation, if the refund value exceeds the amount charged on the passenger’s card, then the number of redeemable miles corresponding to the excessive value is refunded, insofar as this is permitted under the AEGEAN policy and fare regulations. Booking cancellations can only be made by phone at the AEGEAN call center at 801 11 20000 (landline calls, local charge) or at (+30) 210 6261000 (mobile or international calls), on a 24/7 basis. Ticket changes are subject to additional charges, depending on the fare and seat category, as per the AEGEAN Fare Regulations. Each transaction (per ticket) through the Call Center is subject to a €20.00 charge.
- Charges resulting from ticket changes are payable exclusively by bank card.
- The miles are automatically deducted from the Member’s Account right after the redemption process is completed.