Virgin Atlantic Flying Club launched a sale for Flying Club Miles with up to 70% bonus (tier level and threshold dependent) that is about to end. You must purchase by December 21, 2021.
Flying Club has increased the number of Virgin Points you can buy during this sale before the bonus from 100,000 to 200,000, and the lowest price is in British Pounds (requiring a change of the account address).
You can access this offer on Virgin Atlantic’s website here.
This particular sale determines the bonus offers by the number of points you purchase and the tier level, while the pricing varies based on the account address.
Top up your points balance by buying extra, and reach those rewards sooner. You can even spend them with our airline partners as well as on a Virgin Atlantic flight.
Up to 60% bonus
Top up your Flying Club account now and receive up to 60% bonus Virgin Points on purchases of up to 200,000 points. If you are a Gold member you will receive up to 70% bonus on purchases of up to 200,000 points. Available until Tuesday 21st December.
Here’s the bonus schedule & pricing:
Gold members can get up to 70% bonus, but for general members and Flying Club Silver, the maximum bonus is 60%.
Also, keep in mind that the pricing for the miles depends on where your account is registered. If you have a registration in the UK, then the purchase is priced in British Pounds and significantly cheaper.
There is nothing that would keep you from, let’s say, using a random UK hotel for a while. Here is an example John wrote about this summer:
Virgin has opened another sale to buy miles in their Flying Club program, and there are some very reasonable Virgin Atlantic partner awards, like the ANA one John redeemed last year (read more here). I have had no success redeeming such an award despite ANA showing availability with their Star Alliance partner programs.
If you plan to use the miles for Virgin Atlantic’s award flights, be warned that there are relatively high fuel/carrier surcharges collected that might negate a lot of the value.
These are the Terms & Conditions of the “Up to 60% Bonus” Sale:
1. Applicable Buy Points purchases made between 1st December and midnight GMT 21st December 2021 inclusive will be eligible to receive bonus points. When you buy 5,000-24,000 points you will earn 15% bonus points, 25,000-69,000 = 20% bonus, 70,000 – 119,000 = 40% bonus, 120,000 – 200,000 = 60% bonus. The bonus points will be credited at the point of purchase and will appear on the members’ account within 24 hours.
2. A member can purchase a total of 100,000 points each calendar year, in increments of 1,000 points. Between 1st December and midnight GMT 21st December 2021, the limit has been reset and increased to 200,000. A member can purchase a total of 200,000 points each, in increments of 1,000 points. Members who have bought points since January 2021 will be able to buy up to 200,000 points within the campaign period.
3. Members will have the right to cancel any purchases of points for up to 14 days after the date of purchase provided that none of the purchased points have been redeemed. If any of the purchased points have been redeemed then members will not be entitled to a refund for any of the purchased points including those that have not been redeemed. Once the 14 day cooling off period has expired any points purchased and received by members are non-refundable and non-transferable, except as expressly permitted by the terms and conditions of Flying Club.
4. Every purchase comes with a one-off £15 / $25 transaction fee. You can purchase points in increments of 1,000. It costs £15/$27 for every 1,000 base points you purchase. For example, if you buy 1,000 base points you’ll pay £30/$52, if you buy 5,000 base points you’ll pay £90/$160 and if you buy 10,000 base points you’ll pay £165/$295.
5. If you’re planning to put your points towards a specific reward, remember to check reward availability first. Buy Points Terms and Conditions apply, and can be found on Virgin Atlantic website: https://www.virginatlantic.com/global/en/footer/terms-and-conditions/flying-club-earning-and-purchasing-miles.html