Air Canada has launched several sales to celebrate Boxing Day in Canada, allowing Aeroplan members to save on awards and paid flights.
The award flights on the Air Canada network are discounted by up to 20%, paid flights within Canada by 15%, and to/from Canada by 20%. All sales are valid for travel through June 30, 2022, and must be booked by December 28.
You can access this offer on Air Canada’s website here.
The discounted award flights are only valid on Air Canada services.
The discount on international flights also applies to codeshare services operated by Lufthansa, SWISS, Brussels Airlines, Austrian Airlines, Eurowings, in addition to Air Canada and Air Canada Rouge flights.
The award discount would have been more tempting had it also applied to partner flights, but, understandably, they wanted to keep that to their own metal only.
Perhaps some readers can burn their Aeroplan point stash rather than let them expire (the standard policy is that they do wipe them clean if no activity for 18 months), like what happened with mine a few years ago.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- This Offer is valid on new bookings made as of December 26, 2021 at 00:01 EST until December 28, 2021 at 11:59 p.m., from your city of departure in the U.S. (the “Offer Period”).
- All flights on the reward itinerary must be flown on Air Canada operated flights including flights operated by Air Canada Rouge® and the Air Canada Express® banner (Jazz Aviation LP, Sky Regional Airlines Inc., or Exploits Valley Air Services LTD).
- Not applicable to AC Bid upgrades or when members use their points to pay for the taxes, fees and surcharges associated with their flight reward.
- Not valid on codeshare flights.
- Flight rewards are subject to availability at time of booking. Taxes, fees, charges, and carrier surcharges apply.
- Flights are subject to Aeroplan Flight Rewards terms and conditions.
- Offer is subject to change at Aeroplan’s sole discretion, without notice. Other conditions and restrictions may apply.