IHG has had several programs keeping its member tiers intact during the past two years, from rolling all nights consumed in 2020 to 2021 to extending the tiers already twice.
IHG Rewards has also had lowered qualification requirements for those who wish to qualify for Gold, Platinum, or Spire Elite status. It seems that they plan to keep the lower qualification requirements in place for 2022.
You can access IHG Rewards here.
READ MORE: IHG Rewards Rate & Bonus Points Offers:
Tier Requirements On App:
IHG’s Tier Requirements On Their Website:
*Applicable at Mr. & Mrs. Smith Hotels
**Not applicable at Six Senses
***Applicable at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants
1. Member Exclusive rates (Member Rate) are not available in Greater China (Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan) or at IHG Army Hotels
2. Internet accessibility, speed and connectivity varies by hotel
3. Points do not expire for Elite members. Club member points will expire after 12 months of inactivity.
4. Complimentary room upgrades are offered as determined by hotel. At Kimpton Hotels, one category room upgrade is guaranteed to Kimpton Inner Circle members. At Six Senses, one category room upgrade is subject to availability for Platinum and Spire Elite, Kimpton Inner Circle, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador members. At InterContinental, Ambassador members are guaranteed one category room upgrade and Royal Ambassador are guaranteed two category room upgrade.
5. Guaranteed room availability is not applicable on Reward Nights. At InterContinental, Royal Ambassador members receive 24 hour room availability guarantee.
We have been in touch with IHG before publishing this piece with IHG but haven’t been able to confirm if the app is correct. I would imagine that it is.
The IHG tier requirements are not in touch with the minimal benefits they offer compared to Hilton, Hyatt, or Marriott.