Air Canada has today launched several offers to accelerate Aeroplan member qualification towards 2023 status.
Aeroplan Elite Status members can earn elite qualifying miles/segments/dollars for select online transactions. Members are also eligible for double elite qualifying miles/segments/dollars on Air Canada and Rouge flights between January 1 – April 20, 2022. Also, there is a bonus for buying Air Canada Vacations package.
You can access these offers on Air Canada’s website here.
Information From Air Canada:
Get a head start on 2023 Status:
1) New ways to get closer to Status with everyday purchases for Elite Status members only – Members can get a one-time bonus of 5,000 SQM, 5 SQS, and $500 SQD when they do any three of the following by April 30, 2022:
- Link their Aeroplan and Starbucks Rewards;
- Link their Uber or Uber Eats with your Aeroplan account;
- Earn points with the Aeroplan eStore, LCBO, Starbucks, Uber, Uber Eats or a car or hotel booking;
- Redeem points for any merchandise or gift card at the Aeroplan eStore or for a car or hotel booking;
- Hold a Core or Premium Aeroplan Co-brand credit card through at least April 30, 2022. While this means the entry credit cards from TD and CIBC are ineligible, the new Chase cobrand credit card would qualify
2) Faster ways to get closer to Status when you travel–
All Aeroplan Members can get 100% bonus SQM, SQS, and SQD on Air Canada-operated flights (including Air Canada Express and Air Canada Rouge) in Economy Standard fare or higher when members book with cash. (This applies for any travel between January 1 and April 20, 2022, regardless of when the reservation was made. No registration is required.
All Aeroplan Members can get up to 5,000 bonus SQM and 50% bonus SQD when you purchase an Air Canada Vacations package. (Travel must be completed by April 30, 2022).
I believe it is good to get Aeroplan elite members to start thinking about 2023 qualification requirements and launch offers to get them engaged with the program when it comes to flying and non-air activities.
Here are the terms and conditions of these offers:
Air Canada® and Aeroplan are offering eligible members additional, limited-time, ways to earn Bonus Status Qualifying Miles, Status Qualifying Segments and Status Qualifying Dollars (collectively, the “Offer”), helping them reach Aeroplan Elite Status.
Offer Period: January 1, 2022 at 00:01 EST – April 30, 2022 at 23:59 EST
Individual Offers – Overview:
– ‘Offer A’:Get More out of Aeroplan: Earn 5,000 SQM, 5 SQS and $500 SQD when completing at least three (3) Eligible Activities
– ‘Offer B’: Earn 100% Bonus SQM, SQS and SQD on Eligible Scheduled Flights operated by Air Canada® booked with cash
– ‘Offer C’: Earn 50% Bonus SQD and (2,500 / 5,000) Bonus SQM on Air Canada Vacations® Packages
‘Offer A: Get More out of Aeroplan’: Earn 5,000 SQM, 5 SQS and $500 SQD when completing at least three (3) Eligible Activities
- Eligible Participants for Offer A are all Aeroplan Members in good standing who hold Aeroplan Elite Status (25K, 35K, 50K, 75K or Super Elite) at the end of the Offer Period.
- Eligible Participants for Offer A must complete at least three (3) of the following individual activities (“Eligible Activities”) from their own personal Aeroplan account in order to receive the bonus 5,000 SQM, 5 SQS and $500 SQD:
- Link their Aeroplan account to their Starbucks® Rewards account
- Link their Aeroplan account to their Uber or Uber Eats account
- Earn points with at least one everyday partner, meaning points earned for purchases made via the Aeroplan eStoreExternal site which may not meet accessibility guidelines. or the cxLoyalty for Aeroplan Members car & hotel booking platformExternal site which may not meet accessibility guidelines., or points earned with the following select partners: LCBO, Starbucks®, Uber, Uber Eats, Avis®, Budget®, or Aeroplan Hotel partners (as specified below)
- Redeem their points via the Aeroplan eStoreExternal site which may not meet accessibility guidelines. or for a car or hotel bookings made via the cxLoyalty for Aeroplan Members platformExternal site which may not meet accessibility guidelines.
- Open or hold a Primary Eligible Core or Premium Aeroplan credit card
Example 1: a Super Elite member who 1) links their Starbucks account, 2) links their Uber account, and 3) Earns points with the LCBO by the end of the Offer Period will be eligible to receive the Bonus 5,000 SQM, 5 SQS and $500 SQDExample 2: a Super Elite member who earns points with the Aeroplan eStore three (3) different times has not completed three (3) individual activities and is therefore not eligible to receive any Bonus SQM, SQS, or SQD with this Offer A.
- All Eligible Activities must be completed during the Offer Period, with the exception of linking of Starbucks® Rewards, Uber and Uber Eats accounts and opening/holding a Primary Eligible Core or Premium Aeroplan credit card, which may be completed prior to the Offer Period, provided that such Eligible Activities are maintained until the end of the Offer Period.
- If a combination of points and cash are used to redeem points via the Aeroplan eStore or for car/hotel bookings made via the cxLoyalty for Aeroplan Members platform, this will only count as a redemption and as a single Eligible Activity.You can learn more about how to earn Aeroplan points on your Starbucks® purchases here, on your LCBO purchases here and on your Uber and Uber Eats purchases here. Purchases through the Aeroplan eStore are subject to the eStore Terms & ConditionsExternal site which may not meet accessibility guidelines.. Additional information and terms and conditions applicable to the Aeroplan booking platform can be found hereExternal site which may not meet accessibility guidelines.. You can learn more about how to earn Aeroplan points with Avis®, Budget® and Aeroplan Hotel partners here.
- Only PRIMARY CARDHOLDERS or PRIMARY BUSINESS CARDHOLDERS of Eligible Core or Premium Aeroplan credit cards are eligible for this Offer A; Aeroplan account and Aeroplan credit card account must be open and in good standing through the end of the Offer Period to be considered Eligible Activities for this Offer A. Secondary cardholders are not considered eligible for this Offer A.
- Eligible Aeroplan Hotel partners include:
- Best Western®
- Choice Hotels®
- Coast Hotels®
- IHG® Hotels and Resorts
- Langham Hotels and Resorts®
- Marriott Hotels®
- Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts®
- Wyndham Hotels and Resorts
- Points converted from a hotel loyalty program are not considered as one of the “Eligible Activities” under this Offer.
- Eligible Core or Premium Aeroplan credit cards include:
- TD® Aeroplan® Visa Infinite* Card,
- TD® Aeroplan® Visa Infinite Privilege* Card,
- TD® Aeroplan® Visa* Business Card,
- American Express®* Aeroplan® Reserve Card,
- American Express®* Aeroplan® Card,
- American Express®* Aeroplan® Business Reserve Card,
- CIBC Aeroplan® Visa Infinite* Card,
- CIBC Aeroplan® Visa Infinite Privilege* Card,
- CIBC Aeroplan® Visa* Business Plus,
- CIBC Aeroplan® Visa* Business,
- Chase Aeroplan® Card.
- Upon completion of at least three (3) Eligible Activities, the 5,000 SQM, 5SQS and $500 SQD will be deposited in the Eligible Member’s account within 8 weeks following the end of the Offer Period.
- Any activity reversals or cancellations of an Eligible Activity during the Offer Period may cause the Eligible Member to longer reach the required three (3) Eligible Activities for the offer to apply.
- A maximum total of one (1) bonus of 5,000 SQM, 5 SQS and $500 SQD per Eligible Member may be awarded.
‘Offer B – Earn 100% Bonus SQM, SQS and SQD on Eligible Scheduled Flights operated by Air Canada® booked with cash’
- Eligible Participants for Offer B are all active Aeroplan Members in good standing. If you are not an Aeroplan Member, you can visit the Aeroplan web site (aircanada.com/aeroplan) and enroll today. Membership is free.
- Eligible Scheduled Flights means flights operated by Air Canada® (including flights operated under the Air Canada Express® banner and operated by Air Canada Rouge®) to all Air Canada destinations system-wide and booked in cash with Eligible Fare Options.
- Eligible Fare Options mean those fares that are exclusively eligible for this Offer B: Economy Standard, Economy Flex, comfort, Latitude, Premium Economy Lowest, Premium Economy Flexible, Premium Rouge, Business Class Lowest, and Business Class Flexible.
- Offer B is valid only on published fares eligible for the accumulation of Aeroplan points and Status Qualifying Currency.
- Economy Basic fares, Unlimited Flight Pass purchases, and Aeroplan flight rewards are not eligible for this Offer B, including Points + Cash reservations.
- Travel must take place within the following travel period: between January 1, 2022 at 00:01 EST and April 30, 2022 at 23:59 EST.
- The number of Bonus SQM/SQS/SQD will depend on the fare option, booking class and distance travelled for each individual Eligible Scheduled Flight flown. Learn more about how to earn on Air Canada flights.
- Aeroplan points earned in conjunction with the ‘Aeroplan Elite Status bonus with Air Canada and select airline partners’ Select Benefit are not considered for this Offer B.
- Please allow 6-8 weeks for Bonus SQM, SQS and SQD to be credited in your account, following your Eligible Scheduled Flight departure.
- To qualify for this Offer B, the Eligible Participant’s Aeroplan Number must be included on their booking prior to departure. To do so, visit Manage My Bookingson aircanada.com, or select the option during check-in.
‘Offer C’: Earn 50% Bonus SQD and (2,500 / 5,000) Bonus SQM on Air Canada Vacations® Packages (“ACV Package”)
- Eligible Participants for Offer C are all active Aeroplan Members in good standing. If you are not an Aeroplan Member, you can visit the Aeroplan web site (aircanada.com/aeroplan) and enroll today. Membership is free.
- Eligible Participants must each include their own respective Aeroplan Number on the ACV Package reservation at time of booking, or at least 2 days prior to trip departure date, to qualify for this Offer C.
- Eligible Air Canada Vacations® packages are those which contain round-trip flights operated by Air Canada® (including flights operated under the Air Canada Express® banner and operated by Air Canada Rouge®) and hotel, tour or cruise. Air Canada Vacations® bookings for hotels only, or for flights only, are not eligible for this Offer C.
- Eligible Air Canada Vacations packages must include flights departing and returning wholly within the Offer Period of January 1, 2022 00:01 EST and April 30, 2022 at 23:59 EST.For example:
- If the outbound flight departs on March 1, 2022 and the return flight departs on March 15, 2022, this would be eligible.
- If the outbound flight departs on April 25, 2022 and the return flight departs on May 15, 2022 this would not be eligible.
- Each Eligible Participant’s Bonus SQD and Bonus SQM will be calculated as follows: total purchase price of the ACV Package booking, including taxes and fees for each Eligible Participant is considered:
- Each Eligible participant’s Total Purchase Price is multiplied by 50% to determine the number of Bonus SQD they will receive; and
- Each Eligible Participant’s own Aeroplan Elite Status will determine the number of Bonus SQM they will receive.For Example:
- Four (4) travelers are booked on an Eligible Air Canada Vacations® package and have included their Aeroplan Number to the ACV booking at least 2 days prior to the trip departure date.
- Travelers 1 and 2 hold Elite 50K status and their Total Purchase Price for the ACV Package booking is $2,500 each.
- Travelers 1 and 2 will each receive:
- $1,250 Bonus SQD; and
- 5,000 Bonus SQM.
- Travelers 3 and 4 do not hold any Aeroplan Elite Status and their Total Purchase Price for the ACV Package booking is $1,500 each.
- Travelers 3 and 4 will each receive:
- $750 Bonus SQD; and
- 2,500 Bonus SQM.
- Each Eligible Participant travelling on the ACV Package will receive Bonus SQM and SQD to their own Aeroplan Account regardless of who purchased the ACV Package.
- The Bonus SQM and SQD will be deposited 6-8 weeks following the end of the Offer Period.
- No redeemable Aeroplan points or Status Qualifying Segments will be deposited as part of this Offer C.
General Terms & Conditions (applicable to Offer A, Offer B and Offer C):
SQM, SQS and SQD help members reach Aeroplan Elite status. The following conditions apply to Bonus SQM / SQS / SQD:
They cannot be sold or exchanged;
They are non-transferable;
They have no cash value;
They cannot be converted to cash or refunded if unused;
Bonus SQM are not Aeroplan points and cannot be used to redeem Aeroplan rewards; and
Bonus SQM do not count towards Million Mile Recognition.
These terms and conditions are subject to change without prior notice. These Offers are non-transferable and are not redeemable for cash. Your Aeroplan Account must be open and in good standing at the time an Offer is fulfilled for the Offer to be awarded.
The following terms apply to this Offer:
If any of these Offers are not running as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, pandemic or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Aeroplan which corrupt or affect the administration, security or proper conduct of any of these Offers, Aeroplan reserves the right at its sole discretion to, without advance notice, terminate or suspend any of the Offers, in whole or in part, or modify it in any way. Aeroplan also reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual from any of these Offers and to ban the individual from any future offers that it finds or believes to be tampering with the process or the operation of any of these Offers.
Health and safety protocols, government recommendations and regional travel restrictions vary by hotel, ship and destination, may impact availability and are subject to change without notice. Due to evolving health protocols, imagery and messaging may not accurately reflect onboard and destination experiences, offerings, features, or itineraries.