Qatar Airways frequent flyer program Privilege Club has opened a new campaign to drive membership signups, offering up to 7,000 miles to new members who open an account by March 31, 2022.
Members will receive their bonus miles depending on what class their first flight will be booked in that’s credited to the new account and this could be quite a worthwhile option.
Privilege Club has run similar campaigns in the past and this seems to be their modus operandi to get fresh members, though I urge caution when signing up for a new program to make sure the rules and requirements really fit the needs of the traveler.
You can access Qatar Airways and their landing page for this promotion here.
Join Privilege Club by 31 March 2022 using the promo code JOINPC1, to get 2,000 bonus Qmiles instantly. Plus, travel by 30 September 2022 to earn an additional 3,000 bonus Qmiles on your first flight as a member in Economy Class, and an additional 5,000 bonus Qmiles in Business or First Class.*
You can also get Qmiles every time you fly with us or any of our oneworld® partners. Enhance your travel experience by using your Qmiles towards award flights, upgrades, extra baggage, shopping at Qatar Duty Free and more.
This campaign rewards members based on the type of cabin booked for their first flight.
- Economy Class will yield 3,000 Bonus Qmiles
- Business/First Class earns 5,000 Bonus Qmiles
That’s a rather generous signup bonus for a frequent flyer program in comparison to other, similar promotions carriers run from time to time.
In order to secure eligibility, the sign-up has to be completed by 31 March 2022.
Travel has to commence by 30 September 2022 and only Qatar Airways flights count for triggering the bonus under this campaign. If you have a mixed class of service ticket you might want to be careful because the way this most likely works is that the first QR segment is responsible for bonus determination. It might be a good idea to hold off crediting anything other than a Premium Class segment to the account.
You can always request retroactive credit for earlier Economy Class tickets later, following the credit of the bonus.
New members of the Qatar Airways Privilege Club who sign up with the promotion code will receive several thousand bonus miles for their first flight credited to the account.
The bonus will be determined by the class of service, presumingly based on the first Qatar Airways segment that hits the account. It’s therefore recommended to time and select properly what to credit to the account as the first QR flight transaction.
These are the Terms&Conditions for this campaign:
- This offer is only applicable to members who join Privilege Club using the promo code JOINPC1.
- Enrolment period: 1 October 2021 – 31 March 2022
- Travel period: 1 October 2021 – 30 September 2022
- Members who join using the promo code JOINPC1 will receive 2,000 bonus Qmiles at the time of enrolment.
- Bonus Qmiles will not be awarded at the time enrolment or after completion of their first flight as a member, if the member does not join using the promo code JOINPC1.
- 3,000 bonus Qmiles will be credited to the member’s Privilege Club account immediately after they complete their first flight with Qatar Airways as a member in Economy Class, or 5,000 bonus Qmiles will be credited immediately after they complete their first flight with Qatar Airways as a member in Business or First Class.
- Members must quote their membership number at the time of booking or check-in, in order for bonus Qmiles to be credited to their Privilege Club account immediately after they complete their first flight.
- Bonus Qmiles will only be awarded if the member takes a flight operated and marketed by Qatar Airways.
- Bonus Qmiles will not be awarded if the member’s first flight with Qatar Airways as a member, is an award flight.
- Members may retroactively claim bonus Qmiles if they travel before 30 September 2022.
- Existing members are not eligible to benefit from this offer and any duplicate accounts will be cancelled by Privilege Club.