There have been campaigns by Thailand’s government to stimulate the domestic tourism demand by offering discounts for nationals under Rao Tiew Duay Gun (We Travel Together).
It appears that the campaign is back, and the government subsidizes domestic rooms by 40% and Accor discounts them by 20%, and Accor Plus members get an additional 10% off (total discount up to 70%). The offer is valid for stays through May 31, 2022.
You can access this offer on Accor’s website here.
READ MORE: Accor ALL Rate & Bonus Points Offers
This additional 40% off discount is only available for eligible Thai Nationals (not sure if residents are eligible), and booking conditions and payment terms are strict:
1. Select and book the ‘We Travel Together’ rate at a participating hotel.
2. Provide Thai ID number in ‘Comments’ field in your booking.
3. Your hotel will register the booking in the program.
4. 40% subsidy will be deducted from the rate.
5. You pay via G-Wallet in Pao Tung application.
There appears to be a maximum subsidy of 3,000 THB per night by the government.
You can also earn 888 bonus points!
The Thai government has tried to keep the tourism sector afloat through the pandemic by running this subsidy campaign a few times. The rates with government support are very reasonable for upper-middle-class Thais.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
1. The “We Travel Together ” Rate includes a 20% accommodation discount on the “flexible rate” at the time of booking.
2. The offer is valid for reservations booked from 1 February – 23 May 2022 for stays between 8 February – 31 May 2022 at participating hotels in Thailand. The offer is subject to availability.
3. One must book the “We Travel Together” rate to avail of the 20% discount (the “Booked Rate”).
4. Booking must be made at least 8 days prior to arrival date.
5. The booking period for ‘We Travel Together’ government subsidy is open from 1 February 2022 at 06.00 onwards until the rights on the project are exhausted.
6. Guests who have registered to receive rights successfully are able to travel to all provinces except provinces according to their own registration.
7. The Government-sponsored program subsidizes hotel costs of 40% of the price per room per night, not exceeding 3,000 baht per room per night.
8. The subsidy will be deduced from the ‘Booked Rate’ for eligible stays.
9. Guest must book the ‘We Travel Together” rate and must provide Thai ID number at time of booking.
10. Failure to provide valid THAI ID number at time of booking will result in the booking being confirmed at the booked rate.
11. If guest has rights under the We Travel Together government program, the booking will be registered by the hotel in the government app.
12. Guests who have successfully booked a hotel and received the Payment Link from the hotel must make payment within 11:59 p.m. on the date of receipt. In the event that payment is not made within the specified time must contact hotel to book a new room again.
13. Guest will receive Payment Link on the wallet app. Payment for confirmation of booking can be made by 11:59 p.m. on the date of receipt of the Payment Link.
14. Booking will be confirmed once guests pays 60% of the hotel booking successfully, and check the e-voucher on the Baotang app under the G-wallet menu.
15. Guest can check the results of the hotel reservation confirmation at the Pao Tang app. from notifications on the app which people can check the details of the discount from the rights received and pay at the Payment Link on the app.
16. Reservations cannot be canceled, but the stay date can be postponed
17. Other details cannot be changed other than the check-in date.
18. E-voucher Cannot be transferred out or used as cash. Payments must be made through G-wallet on the Pao Tang app only.
19. Stays booked via a reseller, tour operator or third-party online travel agent are not eligible for Reward points.
20. Accor Plus members are entitled to an additional 10% discount on accommodation. To avail of the offer, these members must make their booking on the dedicated Accor Plus rate name “Accor Plus We Travel Together”
21. To the extent permitted by law, Accor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to amend, modify or alter the terms of this offer, including the list of participating hotels, at any time.
22. ALL Terms and Conditions of Membership and Accor’s General Terms and Conditions of Services apply to this offer. In the event of any conflict between these offer terms and conditions and Accor’s General Terms and Conditions of Services, these offer terms and conditions will prevail.
23. In the event of any conflict between these offer terms and conditions and Accor’s General Terms and Conditions of Services, these offer terms and conditions will prevail.
24. In the event of any conflict between the English-language version of these offer terms and conditions and non-English-language versions, the English-language version shall prevail.
25. Please specify the reference 014616 in all your communications with ALL call centers or customers care services related to this offer.