Hilton has relaunched its Public Sector Leisure Offer for stays in the UK, Ireland, and Continental Europe.
Eligible government, public sector, and non-profit employees get up to 25% off at participating hotels. The discount at Hampton hotels is capped at 15%. The rate plan appears to include breakfast for two.
You can access this offer on Hilton’s website here.
READ MORE: Hilton Honors Rate & Bonus Points
This rate plan is intended for government and public sector employees’ LEISURE TRAVEL and is not a government rate. It is eligible for Hilton Honors stay/night credit and elite benefits.
Government and public sector employees, such as teachers, firefighters, police, public transport employees, healthcare sector employees, if they work for public hospitals, are eligible. In addition, Hilton clarifies on the T&Cs that they have made this rate plan also available for charitable and non-profit organization employees.
You must provide government, public sector, or non-profit credentials.
I executed a few searches for major European cities. The Public Sector Leisure Rate is often the lowest, when available.
The hotel has this rate available for several room types, up to a junior suite.
The rate includes breakfast but is prepaid and noncancelable.
It is great that Hilton has decided to bring this discounted rate plan back for government, public sector, and non-profit employees.
There is an unfortunate mistake on the T&Cs that I have highlighted (a valid airline identification?).
Here are the terms and conditions of this rate plan:
• Non-commissionable rates, bookable by employees of Government/Public Sector (Including Charitable and Non for Profit organisations) directly for leisure stays at participating hotels in the Hilton system. Not available or commissionable via Third-Party Agencies/Intermediaries
• Government / Public Sector Employee Rate Promotion rates vary by participating property and are subject to room type and rate availability, and may be changed without prior notice
• Government / Public Sector Employee Rate Promotion rates are not available for all room types
• Discounted rate is available to Government / Public Sector employees identifying themselves as Government/Public Sector employees and who present valid airline identification at check-in
• Limit of two rooms per Government/ Public Sector employee per eligible stay
• The Government/Public Sector Employee Rate Promotion is available for room bookings only and not for packages or other components
• Full pre-payment of the booking is required at time of booking, if you cancel for any reason, attempt to modify this reservation, or do not arrive on your specified check-in date, your payment is nonrefundable.
• Government / Public Sector Employee Rate Promotion bookings are subject to applicable taxes, fees, and assessments, as well as daily mandatory charges (i.e. resort fees) and other standard service charges (as applicable)
• Government /Public Sector Employee Rate percentage discount may vary based on local laws, hotel locations/occupancy, and blackout dates
• The Government / Public Sector Employee Rate Promotion may be terminated by Hilton at any time without prior notice