Shangri-La has launched an offer to get Golden Circle members to convert points to airline miles through March 31, 2022.
Golden Circle gives an additional 25% bonus with six airlines + Singapore Airlines, and the minimum conversion with these partners has been lowered from 2,500 to 1,000 points.
You can access this offer on Shangri-La’s website here.
1,000 Golden Circle points convert to 1,000 partner airline miles with most programs (awful conversion ratio).
Here are the participating programs:
- AAdvantage® – American Airlines
- Aeroplan – Air Canada
- Air France-KLM Flying Blue
- MileagePlus – United Airlines
- SkyMiles – Delta Air Lines
- Velocity Frequent Flyer – Virgin Australia
The conversion with Singapore Airlines is bonuses by 25% permanently due to partnership.
The ratio of earning Golden Circle points and converting them to partner airlines miles is about the worst of hotel programs that we follow. So I would only do this if you have absolutely no other use for your points.
Here are the term and conditions of this offer:
1. This offer is only open to Shangri-La’s Golden Circle members who are also members of the selected participating Frequent Flyer Programmes.
2. Eligible Golden Circle members will receive 25% Bonus Miles when they convert GC Award Points to miles of the selected participating Frequent Flyer Programme between noon (HK Time) of 1 March 2022 and noon (HK Time) of 31 March 2022.
3. A minimum of 1,000 GC Award Points is required for each conversion request with additional point conversions made in increments of 500 GC Award Points.
4. Once the conversion is made, no amendment or cancellation is allowed. The conversion is non-reversible and non-redeemable for cash.
5. Bonus Miles will be awarded upon confirmation of the conversion request and credited to the selected Frequent Flyer Programmes within 6 to 8 weeks after the completion of the promotion.
6. Redemption or usage of GC Award Points is subject to the terms and conditions of the Golden Circle Programme.
7. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other participating Frequent Flyer Programme, Golden Circle offer or promotion.
8. For the complete terms and conditions of each participating Frequent Flyer Programme, please contact the Frequent Flyer Programme directly.
9. Other Golden Circle Terms and Conditions apply.