ANA Mileage Club has opened a status match campaign that allows members of select, competing airline programs to get an account upgrade up to Mileage Club Platinum-status (Star Alliance Gold) through March 2023.
This status match is directly targeted at American AAdvantage, Delta SkyMiles and JAL Mileage Bank but the campaign website also invited status holders of other programs to apply except those of other Star Alliance members.
It’s extremely rare that ANA offers a status match even though there were campaigns in the past where ANA Mileage Club offered status to select IHG members in Japan.
This particular match promotion is coming from the ANA Sales Office in North America, hence why it’s directly targeting American and Delta Flyers (plus JAL).
You can access the ANA Mileage Club promotional page here to find all details and instructions.
We are pleased to offer you the opportunity to participate in ANA’s Premium Member Status Match campaign. Top-tier members of select airlines’ frequent flyer programs may apply for comparable premium status with the ANA Mileage Club (AMC) – Bronze or Platinum status.
March 1, 2022 to September 28, 2022 23:59 <PST>
Members of select airlines’ frequent flyer programs with valid 2021 or 2022 elite status
AMC Premium Member Status:
Bronze or Platinum Member Services (Status effective as of April 1, 2022 – March 31, 2023)
AMC Premium Member Services Validity:
From date your application is accepted by ANA to March 31, 2023 premium status with the ANA Mileage Club (AMC) – Bronze or Platinum status.
The ANA Bronze/Platinum Membership will be valid for one year, expiring on March 31, 2023 during which members will have to requalify for the tier if they wish to pursue it.
The following tiers are offered:
Elite status members of other airline frequent flyer programs not listed above may submit an application form. Acceptance of such applications for the AMC Status Match is at ANA’s sole discretion. Elite status with another Star Alliance airline’s frequent flyer program does not qualify for this Status Match campaign. AMC members already at the equivalent status level are not eligible.
Premium Status obtained through the ANA Campaign will not include the following benefits generally offered to AMC Premium members:
- a) ANA Upgrade Points
- b) Lifestyle magazine
- c) Option to apply for the ANA Super Flyer Card
- d) ANA Desktop Calendar / Desk Diary Gift
- e) Voucher for ANA Suite Lounge exclusively for Members with 80,000+ premium points.
- f) Status Card Kit
You should be able to order a physical card online at a later point after the match if it doesn’t arrive automatically.
In order to apply for the match you have to follow these steps:
Please note to be eligible for the Status Match campaign, you must:
- Be a legal resident of North America (United States of the Americas, Mexico, or Canada; residents of Quebec Canada excluded).
- Be a current member of the ANA Mileage Club (“AMC”). AMC membership is free.
- Be a current member in good standing of an eligible airline’s frequent flyer program with an eligible elite status level valid for 2021 or 2022, such as the airlines listed in the chart above, or another airline acceptable to ANA (“Eligible Program”).
- Submit a complete Status Match application <Status Match Application> which includes, among other requirements, a copy of your 2021 or 2022 mileage statement summary or status membership card for your Eligible Program. The document must clearly identify your full name, elite status, and your status expiration date or validity period; and provide any other information requested by ANA.
- Download the AMC APP (the AMC APP will reflect your new Premium Status within 14 business days after you submitted your application if accepted). You may also log into your AMC account through the ANA website at fly-ana.com to verify your status. (No confirmation email will be sent).
- Status Match application and all required documentation must be submitted no later than September 28, 2022. 23:59 PST. Any application posted after this date will not be considered.
- If your Status Match Application is accepted, you will have access to the ANA Mileage Club Premium Services of the status level awarded – Bronze or Platinum (see Terms & Conditions below for certain limitations on Premium Services offered).
Even though the campaign goes officially until September of this year I recommend applying as soon as possible. ANA can always decide to yank this promotion early for any reason. The validity of the matched tier won’t change no matter when you apply.
A very rare and interesting status match opportunity from ANA Mileage Club which will net you Star Alliance Gold for a year if accepted.
ANA has an excellent program with many sweet spots such as First Class and Business Class return flights between Japan and North America as well as their famous round-the-world awards. Having ANA Platinum Status also comes with good benefits, most of which are the common Star Alliance Gold benefits such as priority ground services (Boarding, Baggage, Check-in, Security, Lounge).