Finnair has launched a new status match opportunity for members of SAS Eurobonus, Air France – KLM Flying Blue, and Lufthansa Miles&More members through July 7.
Finnair Plus matches members’ status to Silver of Gold (no Platinum or LUMO ) and requires a direct flight (one-way qualifies) between Stockholm and New York or Los Angeles by October 31, 2022.
You can access this offer on Finnair’s website here.
Finnair doesn’t exactly spell the programs eligible for the match, but it is not that difficult to come up with the list based on the:
Frequent flyer programs must be headquartered in Sweden, France or Germany and be part of a global airline alliance
- AY29 (ARN–JFK)
- AY30 (JFK–ARN)
- AY3 (ARN–LAX)
- AY4 (LAX–ARN)
Log in as a member. If you’re not yet a member, sign up for the Finnair Plus membership. It’s free and easy to join!
- Book a direct flight from Arlanda to New York or Los Angeles operated by Finnair.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- email subject: Status match
- your first and last name
- your contact details: email and phone number
- a photograph of your valid frequent flyer card as an attachment
- your Finnair Plus membership number
- booking reference number of booking that includes an eligible Finnair flight
All booking classes, excluding award flights, are eligible for the match. You can submit the match immediately after purchasing the flight between June 16 – July 7.
Finnair Plus Silver & Gold Benefits:
Finnair Plus Gold is a Oneworld Sapphire tier with meaningful elite benefits.
Finnair has moved some long-haul planes to be based in Stockholm and flew to Thailand during the winter in addition to these two destinations in the United States.
I guess that Finnair’s problem is that it doesn’t have a frequent flier base in Sweden, where, I would assume, most carry SAS Eurobonus cards. Perhaps these status match offers help.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- The frequent flyer program where you are a status member must be both headquartered in Sweden, France or Germany and be part of a global airline alliance.
- You are eligible for the status match after booking an eligible flight, you do not need to have flown the booking before requesting the status match.
- You can be matched to Finnair Plus Silver or Finnair Plus Gold tiers.
- Finnair Plus tier status is valid for a year.
- If you are already a Finnair Plus member, your current Finnair Plus tier tracking period will reset to the date of the tier match.
- Standard requalification rules apply to renew the status after the tier tracking period ends.
- In case of booking cancellation, the tier match will be removed.
- Finnair Plus terms and conditions apply. Finnair reserves the right to make changes at any time.
Eligible booking for the status match
- Only new bookings made between 16 June 2022 (00:00 UTC+0) and 7 July 2022 (23:59 UTC+0) are eligible.
- Travel period: 17 June–31 October 2022.
- The first flight on the booking must depart from Stockholm Arlanda Airport.
- At least one flight in the booking must be a direct flight between Stockholm Arlanda and Los Angeles or New York, which is both operated by Finnair and marketed by Finnair (flight number begins with AY).
- Eligible routes: direct flights between Stockholm Arlanda and Los Angeles or New York
- Flight numbers: AY29 (ARN–JFK), AY30 (JFK–ARN), AY3 (ARN–LAX), AY4 (LAX–ARN)
- Eligible ticket types: Economy Light, Economy Classic, Economy Flex, Premium Economy Light, Premium Economy Classic, Premium Economy Flex, Business Light, Business Classic, Business Flex; includes campaign fares.
- A one-way booking is permitted.
- Flights bought with Finnair Plus award points are excluded from this offer.
- Remember to add your Finnair Plus member number on your reservation.