The U.S. Customs and Border Protection runs several programs that facilitate domestic and international travel to the United States by vetting applicants.
The program has now reopened for new applications from citizens of the Netherlands.
You can access US CBP’s page for various programs here.
The Global Entry is available for the nationals/citizens of Argentina, Brazil, India, Colombia, United Kingdom, Germany, The Netherlands, Panama, Singapore, South Korea, Switzerland, Taiwan, and Mexico.
Global Entry For Dutch Citizens:
Global Entry for Citizens of The Netherlands
How to Apply for Global Entry
Dutch nationals can apply for Global Entry through CBP’s Trusted Traveler Programs (TTP) website. Dutch nationals wishing to apply for Global Entry membership must hold a Dutch passport. Please enter information exactly as it is stated on your passport and review your application thoroughly before you submit it. Spelling mistakes or incorrectly entered information will result in your application being cancelled without a refund.
- Make sure you:
- have activated your ‘Berichtenbox’ your digital mailbox on MijnOverheid;
- have authorized Koninklijke Marechaussee (KMAR) to send messages to your account.
- Apply online: you will complete a TTP online application and pay the $100 non-refundable application processing fee.
- Check your ‘Berichtenbox’ regularly after finalizing your Global Entry application.
You will receive a message from the Koninklijke Marechaussee (KMAR), the Dutch border police, asking you to confirm your Global Entry application and approve the background check.
- KMAR will then perform the background check. CBP will include the result of the Dutch background check in their evaluation of the application. You will receive a message from CBP with the result of your application.
Once you have been approved for the program, the background check by the Dutch authorities will be repeated annually. You will be asked to authorize the background check each time. Your membership in the Global Entry program lasts for five years. After the initial five years, you will have to submit a renewal application through the TTP website if you want to continue your membership, following the same application process as described above.
It seems that the program reopened for new applicants yesterday, and a reader alerted us about it.
The program is worthwhile for those frequently traveling to the United States, and the $100 is a good investment if one values their time (less standing and waiting).