Marriott launched an offer for members to purchase points back in June that ends tomorrow (July 15, 2022).
Marriott Bonvoy members can check their bonus by logging in or buying points through the award booking process at a flat 30% off.
You can access this offer on Marriott’s website here.
Note that a member’s account that receives the points must have been open a minimum of 90 days OR 30 if there has been any qualifying activity.
Price at 55% bonus:
The price of a point purchased at a 55% bonus is 0.81 US cents each.
You can also buy points during the award booking process:
Marriott moved away from award categories in March:
Buying Marriott points only makes sense if you can redeem for a fifth-night free award at a costly property, or the paid rates are throughout the roof, and award availability exists.
The initial move to the new flexible awards was not as bad as many feared, but it probably gets worse in 2023. However, there are still redemption opportunities that you can combine with buying points.
I actually purchased points during this sale that I needed for an award reservation at the Grirri Palace in Venice. So it still can make sense.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- Transactions must be completed between 9:00 a.m. EDT June 1, 2022, and 11:59 p.m. EDT July 15, 2022, to be eligible for the bonus Points purchase offer with a minimum purchase of 2,000 Points. Marriott Bonvoy® members worldwide are eligible for the 55% bonus Points purchase offer with a minimum purchase of 2,000 Points.
- Members may purchase up to an additional 100,000 Points annually while booking a hotel stay through the reservation path on marriott.com.
- The bonus Points earned with this promotion through the Buy Points or Gift Points pages are not included in the annual purchase limit of 100,000 points.
- This is an exclusive, nontransferable offer for the intended recipient only, and it may not be forwarded. Bonus Points purchase offer will remain the same for each points purchase transaction made during the promotion period.
- This offer is valid only for Points purchased through the promotion’s Buy Points and Gift Points pages.
- Purchased or gifted Points do not count toward Marriott Bonvoy® Elite Status.
- Purchase rate is US$12.50 USD per 1,000 points.
- Points will be posted to the Member’s Account within 72 hours after the transaction is complete.
- A member must be an active member in good standing to purchase and/or receive Points.
- New members may purchase Points thirty (30) days after enrollment in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Once Points have been purchased or gifted, no refunds will be permitted.
- Purchasing points using a Marriott Bonvoy® cobrand credit card will earn Points as an everyday purchase.All Marriott Bonvoy Program Rules apply and can be found at https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi.
- For members purchasing Points using a foreign currency, Points are sold in U.S. dollars (US$). Points can be redeemed globally for stays at hotels that participate in Marriott Bonvoy, as well as with third-party programs that have a business relationship with Marriott Bonvoy, such as airline frequent flyer programs. Learn more about the Marriott Bonvoy program here and ways to redeem your points here. Please refer to your credit card company for foreign exchange rates. Once Points are purchased, Purchaser’s credit card statement will reflect payment in their home currency on an itemized line displaying the foreign exchange rate charged by their issuing bank.