Avianca LifeMiles has brought back a transfer points promotion to move miles between accounts (at a fee), with members getting a 115% bonus when transferring miles until August 31, 2022.
LifeMiles has had similar promotions previously with 110% to 125% variable bonuses.
You can access the current promotion on the LifeMiles website here.
Remember that this is nothing but essentially buying miles with the added benefit of consolidating accounts.
The miles you transfer aren’t free – somehow, you collected or purchased them before – so that could potentially influence people’s thinking when evaluating if this is a great deal or not.
The price of a newly minted mile under this offer is 1.3 US cents each ($15/1,150)
You can always purchase miles through the Miles&Cash option during the redemption process at the rate of 1.5 cents per mile (depending on how many miles you buy – the prices vary based on the amount).
This transfer bonus makes it easier to consolidate miles from family accounts for one and keep them from not expiring. I consolidated miles with a friend last year when they were about to turn to dust.
Terms & Conditions for this current promotion:
- This promotion is valid from August 17th, 2022 to August 31st, 2022 (between 00.00-23.59 GMT -6, El Salvador), as the last date of transfer.
- Transfer fee for each block of 1,000 LifeMiles: US$15.00 not including applicable taxes and US$18.30* including applicable taxes according to the country of correspondence registered in the LifeMiles database**
- The 115% bonus is calculated over the amount of miles to be transferred.
- Miles transfer is available through Avianca´s Call Centers, LifeMiles.com and Avianca Information Centers. For residents of Venezuela, it is only available through LifeMiles.com.
- At LifeMiles.com, the purchase can only be done through BUY MILES/ Transfer your miles.
- Only form of payment through Avianca’s Call Center and LifeMiles.com: international credit or debit card. Cash payments are only allowed at Avianca’s Information Centers.
- The miles must be transferred in multiples of LM 1,000.
- Minimum transfer miles: LM 1,000.
- Maximum transfer miles per member per calendar year: LM 75,000 (excluding additional bonuses).
- Maximum LifeMiles to receive per member per calendar year: LM 75,000 (excluding additional bonuses).
- The miles transferred and earned with this promotion do not apply to achieve or maintain Elite status.
- The transfer of miles is not reversible or refundable, except in countries where this right is granted by applicable law, such as the right to retraction in Colombia, in the cases where it applies. The transfer of miles is an immediate execution transaction. Once the miles are transferred, they will be accrued immediately on the receiving member´s account. As of that moment, the miles can be used according to the terms and conditions of the LifeMiles Program. Miles transferred, once accrued, can be redeemed in accordance with the conditions specified in the LifeMiles Program Terms and Conditions and the portfolio of products and services available for redemption.
- LifeMiles Terms and Conditions apply. LifeMiles is a trademark of LifeMiles LTD.
- *For residents in Colombia: the values are settled based on Colombia´s exchange rate on the date of the transaction. For residents in Peru the fee for each package of 1,000 miles transferred is US$15.00 or S/. 59.37 including taxes. Prices in Nuevos Soles reflect the reference exchange rate to July 19th, 2022: S/. 3.958 Per 1 US$ dollar. Final prices in Nuevos Soles will be determined based on the exchange rate of the date of the transaction. For residents in other countries, the values are settled based on the official exchange rate provided by IATA.