Air France-KLM Flying Blue has updated its latest promotional awards valid for travel through February 28, 2023, which must be booked by September 30.
The maximum discount is 50% off the usual number of miles required (although often the rebate is capped at 25%).
You can buy Flying Blue miles often with a bonus. You can check the latest offer here.
Available routes for the September 2022 Promo Awards
You can also book these one way. These are not only for flights originating from Europe, as all the long-haul destinations are valid for both directions. Flying Blue used to divide Europe into zones 1, 2, and 3 but seems to use the designation EUROPE for all these from now on.
Note that Europe should include all the following countries for long-haul awards:
Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Switzerland, Luxembourg
Austria, Balearic Islands, Finland, Denmark, Italy, Malta, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden
Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Belarus, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Canary Islands, Croatia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Israel, Libya, Lithuania, Latvia, Macedonia, Moldova, Morocco, Poland, Romania, West Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Tunisia, Ukraine.
Flying Blue has changed the taxes and mainly fuel surcharges it collects for award tickets making economy awards a better deal than they used to be. In addition, the fuel surcharge that Air France-KLM now calls “carrier-imposed international surcharge” is capped for premium economy, business, and first-class flights.
Award Search: New York – Barcelona:
Plenty of availability at 11,250 miles.
There are also Premium Economy awards on sale.
Award Search: Chicago – Barcelona:
You can also redeem at 11,250 from Chicago to Europe, although the list above quotes a bit higher price.
Award Search: Los Angeles – Barcelona:
Here the award price starts at 18,000 miles.
Flying Blue recently revamped its Promo Award page.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t state which cabin of service (Economy, Premium Economy & Business) the lower award prices apply. Still, you can easily guess that the prices displayed in miles apply to the economy only, but awards could also be available for Premium Economy and Business at a discount.
Here are the terms and conditions of this award type:
- Promo reward tickets must be booked via www.airfrance.com or www.klm.com (except for bookings for minors travelling alone or when travelling with an infant under the age of 2, in these cases bookings must be made by calling customer service).
- Promo reward tickets can be changed free of charge until further notice in view of coronavirus situation. Promo reward tickets can’t be cancelled or refunded. For details, please contact customer service.
- Promo reward tickets are subject to the operating airline’s general conditions of carriage.
- Promo reward tickets are available for one-way and round-trip tickets paid with Miles (Promo reward tickets are not available for purchase with Miles & Cash).
- Promo reward tickets are subject to availability.
- Displayed Miles Fares for Long Haul destinations are for flights to/from Paris or Amsterdam.
- Promo reward tickets for long haul-flights depart from or arrive in Europe, as defined by IATA as the following countries: Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Austria, Balearic Islands, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Canary Islands, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Libya, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, West Russia.
- Due to COVID-19 we have an updated rebook policy for Promo rewards, which you can read here: https://www.flyingblue.com/en/news/rebook-policy