InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) was hacked the other week that resulted in the entire IT being taken down for more than two days, during which no new bookings could be made, existing ones altered, or hotels access any internal system (the outage didn’t affect Opera).
The system started to come back online slowly on late Tuesday last week, but there still appear to be issues. Many readers have reported that completed stays with amenity stays are not being posted, and I have just experienced the same.
You can access IHG here.
READ MORE: IHG One Rewards Rate & Bonus Points Offers
Completed stays at the IHG-affiliated hotels usually post overnight as “pending” and then complete within an additional day or two with points and qualifying nights.
My stay has not been posted as pending at all, and readers have reported that stays from last week have not been posted, or some have with zero points. Also, properties have not posted or told readers that they cannot post amenity points.
IHG Hack Timeline:
- Website and app went down at 9 PM ET on Sunday (September 4)
- Website and app were briefly up between 11 AM and 1 PM ET on Monday (September 5)
- IHG Releases a statement about the hack on Tuesday afternoon (September 6)
- Website and app back online (booking functionality) at 11:30 PM ET on Tuesday
Previous IHG Hack Coverage:
- IHG Website & App Functionality Coming Back Online
- IHG Releases Statement To Consumers Regarding System Hack
- IHG Confirms The Reason For Prolonged “Website Maintenance” – HACK
- IHG’s Total System Outage Continues For The Second Day
- IHG Outage September 5, 2022
I would wait for another week before contacting IHG One Rewards regarding missing stays or amenity points to see if they are capable of correcting these stays that are not posted.
I am surprised that there have been no other updates from IHG than their one press release on what happened to their system and whether customer data was breached or leaked.
They must inform affected members, at least in the EU, without delay if member data was leaked.