ITA Airways has turned one and is celebrating this milestone by offering its Volare frequent flier program members double points.
Volare members earn double points for ITA Airways marketed and operated flights October 15 – December 31, 2022, if booked October 15 – November 15.
You can access this offer on ITA’s website here.
ITA Volare Points Earnings:
- Club Smart: 10 points per euro spent
- Club Plus: 11 points per euro spent
- Club Premium: 12 points per euro spent
- Executive Club: 13 points per euro spent
ITA Volare point earnings are entirely dynamic.
ITA Volare Accelerator
There is also three accelerators to boost your earnings.
ITA Volare Elite Status Requirements:
- Club Smart: no minimum score threshold.
- Club Plus: starting at 30,000 qualifying points.
- Club Premium: starting at 60,000 qualifying points.
- Club Executive: starting at 90,000 qualifying points.
It appears impossible to shut down the ever-money-losing (AL)ITA(LIA) that has more lives than a cat.
The airline is being “sold” (until the government retakes it over when teetering of bankruptcy) to a consortium of a US-based investor + Delta & Air France-KLM. However, the deal doesn’t appear to be advancing.
The Volare and ITA are still not integrated into the SkyTeam alliance, and there is no reason for this Volare beyond crediting ITA flights there.
ITA doesn’t have T&Cs attached to the order:
ITA AIRWAYS’ ANNIVERSARY: DOUBLE VOLARE POINTS PROMOTION
All clients registered in the Volare program who purchase a flight sold and operated by ITA Airways between 15/10/2022 and 15/11/2022 to flight in the period between 15/10/2022 and 31/12/2022 (last return date) will obtain double Volare points.
Double points will be considered as qualifying and non qualifying.