Virgin Atlantic Flying Club has launched a new sale of Virgin Points, now separate currency among all Virgin-affiliated companies, with up to a 70% bonus valid through November 18, 2022.
Flying Club has increased the number of Virgin Points you can buy during this sale before the bonus from 100,000 to 200,000.
You can access this offer on Virgin Atlantic’s website here.
Here’s the bonus schedule:
The bonus is dependent on how many points you purchase. For example, you can get the maximum bonus when buying 120,000 to 150,000 points. Silver and Gold members get a 10% higher bonus.
Here’s the price at a 60% bonus:
The price of a Virgin Atlantic – Virgin Point under this sale is 1.7 US cents each. The price is likely significantly lower in GBP and EUR.
There are some very reasonable Virgin Atlantic partner awards, like the ANA one I redeemed in 2020 (read more here). The airline is also joining the SkyTeam alliance sometime in 2023 (read more here).
If you plan to use the miles for Virgin Atlantic’s award flights, be warned that there are incredibly high fuel/carrier surcharges collected.
Here are the terms and conditions of this promotion:
1. Applicable Buy Points purchases made between 19th October and 23:59 GMT 18th November 2022 will be eligible to receive bonus points. When a member buys 5,000-24,000 points they will earn 15% bonus points, 25,000-69,000 = 20% bonus, 70,000 – 119,000 = 40% bonus, 120,000 – 200,000 = 60% bonus. The bonus points will be credited at the point of purchase and will appear on the members’ account within 24 hours.
2. A member can purchase a total of 100,000 points each calendar year, in increments of 1,000 points. Between 19th October and 23:59 GMT 18th November 2022, the limit has been increased to 200,000. A member can purchase a total of 200,000 points each, in increments of 1,000 points.
3. Members will have the right to cancel any purchases of points for up to 14 days after the date of purchase provided that none of the purchased points have been redeemed. If any of the purchased points have been redeemed then members will not be entitled to a refund for any of the purchased points including those that have not been redeemed. Once the 14 day cooling off period has expired any points purchased and received by members are non-refundable and non-transferable, except as expressly permitted by the terms and conditions of Flying Club.
4. Every purchase comes with a one-off £15 / $25 transaction fee. Members can purchase points in increments of 1,000. It costs £15/$27 for every 1,000 base points purchased. For example, if a member buys 1,000 base points they will pay £30/$52, if they buy 5,000 base points they will pay £90/$160 and if they buy 10,000 base points they will pay £165/$295.
5. If you’re planning to put your points towards a specific reward, remember to check reward availability first. Buy Points Terms and Conditions apply, and can be found on Virgin Atlantic website: https://www.virginatlantic.com/global/en/footer/terms-and-conditions/flying-club-earning-and-purchasing-miles.html